Oil Change near MYF Next Week

USNA12

Hey all doing a big cross country next week, and was hoping someone had an AP that can help with an oil change within a 2 hour flight of MYF. Im used to paying about $150-175 here on the east coast with me bringing my own oil and filter, so hoping for similar! I understand the sunshine tax but I got quoted $450 with me bringing my own oil and filter, so looking at what else is available. 

Thanks in advance!

I think for the price range you’re looking for, you may have a hard time getting someone to do it. Spending $200 on fuel to save $100 on an oil change might not make a lot of sense either.

Maybe you can ask @kortopates to talk you through it for the mere price of a steak and lobster dinner. That should cost about $150-175.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rbp said:

literally any A&P can do an oil change

So can any owner/operator.

8 hours ago, USNA12 said:

Hey all doing a big cross country next week, and was hoping someone had an AP that can help with an oil change within a 2 hour flight of MYF. Im used to paying about $150-175 here on the east coast with me bringing my own oil and filter, so hoping for similar! I understand the sunshine tax but I got quoted $450 with me bringing my own oil and filter, so looking at what else is available. 

Thanks in advance!

Might be cheaper if you don't bring your own oil and filter. 

What model of Mooney are we talking about?