Western Aircraft Propeller (Sandy, OR)

On 5/30/2023 at 10:44 PM, alexthe5th said:

My Hartzell prop's due for an overhaul and thinking about sending it to Western Aircraft Propeller in Sandy, OR - curious if anyone here has worked with this shop before and has any PIREPs to share?

Is this the same shop that was located at Troutdale?  My experience with my right Seneca propeller was shockingly bad, and I'm a pretty savvy buyer.  

Why not try AC Propeller - they are walking distance from KBFI.  My experience with my left Seneca propeller was just perfect.

Make sure you set your expectations correctly.  Hubs can fail because of corrosion.  Blades can fail because of diameter and chord width.  If you end up replacing 2 out of 3 of these, you may as well buy a new prop.

Aerodon

• 7 months later...
Is this the same shop that was located at Troutdale?  My experience with my right Seneca propeller was shockingly bad, and I'm a pretty savvy buyer.  
Why not try AC Propeller - they are walking distance from KBFI.  My experience with my left Seneca propeller was just perfect.
Make sure you set your expectations correctly.  Hubs can fail because of corrosion.  Blades can fail because of diameter and chord width.  If you end up replacing 2 out of 3 of these, you may as well buy a new prop.
Aerodon

Yep that’s them. I had kind of a similar experience with them years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Under Part 91, legally there’s no such thing as “due for an overhaul.”  Unless your prop’s condition is poor, consider getting a reseal. You’ll save a lot money and avoid the possibility of the blade being shaved down unnecessarily.