Hose types

Currently Looking for the 8945A073-BC68-4B3A-9FA2-807F1C2E608E.jpeg.2c038528d0e97e158b84059181264bc9.jpeghose from carb to firewall for fuel pressure gauge. Mooney spare parts manual specifies Stratoflex 193-xxx… yet reading manufactures applications it’s  only for low pressure air and vacuum. Definitely not for fuel.

What I have now is using 213-2D fittings with unknown hose that is cracking. Anyone else find a field fab hose that is compatible?

4 hours ago, M20Doc said:

That is indeed Stratoflex 193 hose. It does OK in fuel, just not a long time like 111 hose which doesn’t come in -2 size.

I see it’s looking like everything else starts at -3 and up.

2 hours ago, cliffy said:

I looked up the actual spec sheet when I did mine and it says that it is good for fuel

Do look it up yourself though

The only thing I looked at was Aircraft spruce statements saying it’s not fuel rated but don’t know where they got that info from.

1 hour ago, M20Doc said:

From www.Parker.com

That explains Spruce response but not the Mooney spare parts book. Maybe it was once approved until it wasn’t :wacko:

However, it doesn’t exactly say it’s not approved, that little tidbit came from Spruce :D. The max temp limit isn’t really heart warming though 

Edited by Kelpro999

57 minutes ago, Kelpro999 said:

That explains Spruce response but not the Mooney spare parts book. Maybe it was once approved until it wasn’t :wacko:

However, it doesn’t exactly say it’s not approved, that little tidbit came from Spruce :D. The max temp limit isn’t really heart warming though 

I looked up the MIL-DTL-5593E (supersedes MIL-H-5593) specification and found a statement about being for low pressure air and vacuum systems for aircraft; no mention of fuel one way or the other.  Qualification testing did include a 7 day submersion test in oil.

Looking at chemical compatibility charts does show Buna N to be approved for gasoline.  So, there's that.

1 hour ago, MikeOH said:

I looked up the MIL-DTL-5593E (supersedes MIL-H-5593) specification and found a statement about being for low pressure air and vacuum systems for aircraft; no mention of fuel one way or the other.  Qualification testing did include a 7 day submersion test in oil.

Looking at chemical compatibility charts does show Buna N to be approved for gasoline.  So, there's that.

Found the same. It’s called for in the parts book so I think I’ll ask Frank if he knows what replaces it or something else I’ve missed. Temperature limitation is another concern