A Daily Double!

The audio is here.  The controller told the Southwest to line up and wait.  This one may be on the controller…but also if it is accurate that the Southwest guy was taxiing as slow as the animation suggests then that could have contributed as well.

After listening to that, it seems he absolutely was supposed to be on 28R; it’s exactly what the controller told him to do, and he correctly read back the clearance! How fast he was or wasn’t taxiing is irrelevant. If he took too long to get there the line up and wait clearance should have been canceled. That controller lost SA and forgot about him, IMHO.

KSFO is a giant Charlie Foxtrot right now because 1L/R the normal departure runways are closed (I think they open today) and they are trying to fit 5 quarts into a gallon bag. I think they both are at fault. SWA for taxiing too slow across 28R and the controller failed to recognize the blocked transmission because she never got a read back from SWA 1179. Here is the same controller

5 hours ago, Andy95W said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Southwest pilot taxi slow. 

I wouldn't go by that animation.    I got the impression the aircraft was lined up and waiting and their takeoff clearance got stepped on, so they continued to wait on the runway.    The animation doesn't show that.    

• Like 1

On 5/29/2023 at 2:44 PM, GeeBee said:

KSFO is a giant Charlie Foxtrot right now because 1L/R the normal departure runways are closed (I think they open today) and they are trying to fit 5 quarts into a gallon bag. I think they both are at fault. SWA for taxiing too slow across 28R and the controller failed to recognize the blocked transmission because she never got a read back from SWA 1179. Here is the same controller

Wow,

she was mean! :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...