Ride needed to check out a Mooney

NewMoon

Fellow pilots, so I have narrowed down my search on an Ovation3. Found a seemingly great plane and want to go see it. 

I am looking for someone who has the time and desire to fly me from Ft Myers FL area to the Raleigh NC area. 

Will cover fuel, meals etc. I am a 3000+ hr pilot with 1000 in Mooney's.  Please contact me if you are interested or know someone.  Next week would be ideal.  Thx Scott

16 minutes ago, Scott Morgan said:

What's with you people? Must be the new generation of pilots.  

Someone who happens to know a lot about airplanes just offered to go look at the plane for you. That seems pretty generous.

I’m sorry no one took you up on the invitation to chauffeur you back and forth to go look at a plane you’re interested in for the cost of meals and gas. There must certainly be something wrong with people.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

At a party

guy you’ve never met hears you’re a pilot

”Hey! Could you fly me to Raleigh next week!” 

who hasn’t seen that one 100 times. 

lol seriously tho, strange intro to the group but at least in my world, friends are for making fun of each other. Ya gotta worry when folks go silent. Welcome aboard! Here’s a great value

IMG_7047.jpeg.efe108b62e99a8d091dd11ab972fb63c.jpeg

IMG_7047.jpeg

• Like 1

Also the point is, the pilot who flew you for gas and meals would be subject to FAA action for violating the regulations.  THAT is why no one jumped at the offer.

To show up on a board, and the first post is to ask someone to violate the regulations is NOT the way to make friends.

• Like 2

No worries guys, I guess when the guy offering to go look at the plane tells me he is riding the bus, my BS meter goes up.

Also, just came from the PA-46 world and we helped each other out all the time. Was in the Mooney family for many years, owned a J, R and Bravo. Times seem to have changed. 

The bus probably means he’s an airline pilot and he’s riding…. Not an actual bus. :lol:

Well heck! Your Piper friends are just plane mean if they won’t help you out just bc you’re looking at a mooney! Pun intended.  

2 hours ago, NewMoon said:

No worries guys, I guess when the guy offering to go look at the plane tells me he is riding the bus, my BS meter goes up.

Your BS meter needs recalibrating.

See?   We're helpful.    ;)

2 hours ago, NewMoon said:

Also, just came from the PA-46 world and we helped each other out all the time. Was in the Mooney family for many years, owned a J, R and Bravo. Times seem to have changed. 

You can’t even legally split costs under this particular scenario let alone pay for all the fuel plus additional food compensation.  The pilot flying you there would have to have a common purpose for going to North Carolina in order to qualify even for cost sharing.  

You could rent a plane and pay a pilot with a commercial certificate to fly you there. Unfortunately if the pilot being compensated also owns the plane that makes it look like an illegal charter to the FAA.    

Im sure you made the offer in good faith and I could see how you might be taken back a bit by the response so far but a PUBLIC offer to break FARs to a bunch of strangers I guess isn’t the sweet deal you may have thought it was.

If you do buy a Mooney and have questions or issues you want to discuss I promise you we will be more supportive in that scenario.