Mooney Summit IX, OCT 6th – 7th, 2023

DanM20C

On behalf of your Mooney Summit Board of Directors I am happy to announce we have scheduled Mooney Summit IX for October 6-7 2023.

Alex Gertsen and myself have joined the Mooney Summit Board and are planning the next Summit.  We are a little late to the game this year but we will work hard to deliver the same great content and experiences of the past Summits.   Mike, Ron, and Rick have been instrumental in helping Alex and I with getting everything lined up.  Thank you guys!

The event will again be at Peter O. Knight (KTPF) in Tamp FL.  This year we will be going back to the Friday - Saturday schedule.  With Friday being airport day, and Saturday will be the seminars and banquet.  Currently we are going over potential contracts for hotels and the seminar space.  Once these are finalized we will open up registration.  We have scheduled the Saturday night banquet to be held at American Social on Harbor Island!

I'm looking forward to seeing you all again as well as meeting many more Mooney owners/pilots.  This year will be the 9th year of the Summit working to "Better the Breed"!

Registration should open up in the next week or two.  If you have any questions feel free to reach out to Alex or myself.

Cheers,

Dan Bass

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

• DanM20C changed the title to Mooney Summit IX, OCT 6th – 8th, 2023
  • 1 month later...
35 minutes ago, Pinecone said:

Do you have the hotel info?   Will there be a significant discount to book through the Summit?  Or just book directly?

We are still working on a hotel deal.  Last year only 8 or 10 rooms were booked under the deal the Summit had, many of those were Summit board members and speakers.  So most of the attendees found other accommodations.   Based on the numbers we have seen so far I don't think we will get much savings, but if you can wait until next week I should have more info. 

Cheers,

Dan

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 7/6/2023 at 9:29 AM, Pinecone said:

Do you have the hotel info?   Will there be a significant discount to book through the Summit?  Or just book directly?

Westin Tampa Waterside will be our headquarters hotel, it is a short ride to both Peter O. Knight (TPF) where everyone is invited to fly-in and where Airport Day will be held. The Westin is connected to American Social where our Banquet is being held and is an easy drive to Tampa Int'l (TPA) - the location of the Safety Day seminar. Please use the link above to reserve your room at a highly reduced rate of $229 per night for the Summit attendees.

We are also offering room options to those who wish to stay at the Tampa International Airport Marriott at TPA. It is connected to the passenger terminal where the Safety Day sessions will be held and is also convenient to those who might be traveling by airlines. Please use the link above to reserve your room at a highly reduced rate of $179 per night for the Summit attendees.

Discounted hotel rates will also be available only through September 15th.

I am confused about the dates. This thread lists them as being the 6th, 7th & 8th, but when I click the link provide above, it shows the Mooney Summit as being the 4th through the 7th. I don't want to miss any of the events, nor do I want to pay for an extra day that I don't need. Advice?

On 9/2/2023 at 8:06 AM, M20F-1968 said:

What places to we need to be close to on Saturday?

Is the conference day being held at the same theater as last year (? Broadway Theater)?

John Breda

John, the Saturday seminar will be at the Tampa international airport, TPA.  Friday we will be at Peter O Night again.  

25 minutes ago, Red Leader said:

I am confused about the dates. This thread lists them as being the 6th, 7th & 8th, but when I click the link provide above, it shows the Mooney Summit as being the 4th through the 7th. I don't want to miss any of the events, nor do I want to pay for an extra day that I don't need. Advice?

Sorry for the confusion.  The days are Oct 6th and 7th.  The 6th is airport day at Peter O Night, and the 7th is the seminar held at TPA.  With the evening banquet afterwards at American Social next to the Westin.  

This year the seminar is held at a different airport than airport day. But most of us will be using ground transportation to get there.  

cheers,

Dan

• DanM20C changed the title to Mooney Summit IX, OCT 6th – 7th, 2023
1 hour ago, Red Leader said:

So, if I understand correctly, we fly-in on the 6th, stay that night, and the night of the 7th and fly-out on the morning of the 8th? Just trying to get the room reservations nailed-down. 

That is correct!   The 6th will be “Airport Day” so if you can get there the first half of the day you can participate if the activities there. 

cheers, 

Dan

1 hour ago, Pinecone said:

So 6th is not a full day of activities?

I was planning on flying in on the 5th, expecting full days of activities on 6th and 7th, fly out on the 8th.

The activities will start around 11am on the 6th.  I expect many to arrive both on the 5th and 6th by mid day. 

Cheers,

Dan

On 9/2/2023 at 9:06 AM, M20F-1968 said:

What places to we need to be close to on Saturday?

Is the conference day being held at the same theater as last year (? Broadway Theater)?

John Breda

Hi John,

We are not at the Tampa Theater this year. On Saturday we are going to be at the newly built, state of the art conference space in the terminal at Tampa International. All of the Safety Day sessions will take place there. In the evening we'll be back on Harbour Island for the Final Banquet at American Social which is on the river and right next to the Westin, our HQ hotel.

--Alex

Bruce Landsberg

We are excited to welcome Bruce Landsberg, Vice Chair, NTSB as the luncheon keynote speaker at the Mooney Summit taking place October 6-7, in Tampa, FL.

Fly into Peter O. Knight Airport (KTPF) for the 9th iteration of this valuable safety seminar that brings the Mooney Community together.

Only five days remain through September 15th to reserve your hotel at the highly reduced block rate and to register at the early rate of $149.

Please visit www.MooneySummit.com for all the full agenda and all the details.

Today, September 22nd, is the last day to reserve hotels for the Mooney Summit!

image.jpeg.6ab8795f9d603ce9f29e77ef9cede2b6.jpegWestin Tampa Waterside will be our headquarters hotel, it is a short ride to both TPF and TPA and is connected to American Social where our Banquet is being held. Please use the link above to reserve your room at a highly reduced rate of $229 per night for the Summit attendees. Please note that this rate is sold-out for Friday night, October 6th.

image.jpeg.46af2117e3a4d3b39b9afe67c6bc8357.jpegWe are also offering room options to those who wish to stay at the Marriott Tampa International Airport at TPA. It is connected to the passenger terminal where the Safety Day sessions will be held and is also convenient to those who might be traveling by airlines. Please use the link above to reserve your room at a highly reduced rate of $175 per night for the Summit attendees.

We look forward to seeing you in Tampa in just a couple of weeks!

--Alex