Airspeed indicator repair Dallas

The avionics shop that I use in Fort Worth sent one off for me.  I will contact them when they open this morning and find out who they use.  However, just FYI, the backlog has been something else.  Going on 3 months and still waiting to get my airspeed indicator back.  Fortunately, it is a back up and not the one installed in my airplane so I am still flying....

The avionics shop that I use in Fort Worth sent one off for me.  I will contact them when they open this morning and find out who they use.  However, just FYI, the backlog has been something else.  Going on 3 months and still waiting to get my airspeed indicator back.  Fortunately, it is a back up and not the one installed in my airplane so I am still flying....

Oh Lort! I will try to find a loaner. The AI I have is a loaner but I’ll replace with a G5.
Thanks.

Is there an instrument that is a replacement for the airspeed instrument?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 5/18/2023 at 10:35 AM, Pictreed said:

Oh Lort! I will try to find a loaner. The AI I have is a loaner but I’ll replace with a G5.
Thanks.

Is there an instrument that is a replacement for the airspeed instrument?

My avionics shop uses three different places.  airdallas.com, rudyaircraftinstruments.com, fieldtech (ftav.com)

Field Tech is at Meacham (KFTW).  They don't use them as often because they said that even if they can't fix it they charge you quite a bit.  Rudy Instruments is in Arkansas and they are a small Mom and Pop shop.  Air Dallas is big, in Lewisville, Texas and currently where my Airspeed Indicator is.  They told me they sent one in there in November and just got it back.  But they are apparently very good and that is why they use them.

• Like 1

I think I found the leak in a line going to the alternate air source. After isolating everything separately I appear to be getting an acceptable amount of leak past the airspeed indicator but my IA agreed that it may pass. I will know later today when they retest.