Random meetup with fellow Aviators

So I flew commercial into BNA last night for a business meeting today.  A beautiful evening and a late start today lead me to sit outside in the hotel courtyard and relax a bit.  While there I kicked up a conversation with another younger gentleman and an older couple.  Lo and behold both of these gentlemen were non-airline pilots.  One had 18000hrs and the other 1600hrs…. And then you had me and my humble 350.  Anyway, we ended up sitting outside for 3.5hrs sharing stories, experiences and frustrations.  It was a unique evening and certainly something I did not expect.  I travel quite a bit for work and often forget where I have been or what my evenings had been like.  But what a treat that was!  What a great community!

• Like 4

I was flying commercial ORD - IAH to pick up my plane.  I was following the flight on my tablet with Fore Flight for a while.  After I closed it, the guy next to me commented that I wasn't tracking the flight.  I said I was surprised he knew about FF.  Turns out he owns a 310.  We had a nice chat.