Cole Aviation Fly-in, Dalton GA

My kind of crowd! Pretty great turn out, considering the weather was pretty scuzzy this morning  

IMG_9655.jpeg.aa2ab6e184ddbc8152efc6ad83a29a58.jpeg

Even got to meet a couple of MS’ers including @0TreeLemur and @201Steve who despite owning N201ER is not to be confused with the MSer with that handle. 

I drove - I’d still be digging myself out of the mud if I had gone to the airstrip today. Kudos to the Cole Aviation crowd for putting it together. The food and hangar flying was fantastic. 

IMG_9656.jpeg.a6cd4e4fcf6b95ffc83d2f7225558022.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I put these on the other post but I’ll add them here too. Great line up of Mooneys. 
@GeeBee was there but I admit to doing an awful job of getting around and meeting folks. I was there with our super enthusiastic black lab, Turbo, so I was busy keeping him in check, and also eating some great food. 

IMG_1652.jpeg

IMG_1653.jpeg

IMG_1654.jpeg

• Like 2

I’m really sorry I wasn’t able to make this, I am looking forward to meeting some of you guys. 
Also, Joe Cole is about one of the nicest guys you’ve ever met and a pleasure to deal with. 
I have recommended several people to him and would never hesitate to go back. 

• Like 1

I too had a great time and finally got to see RoundTwo's beautiful J model he just acquired. He made a good choice. I had to leave a little early as I had two grand daughters in tow that were almost as rambunctious as Turbo, maybe more so! It did not help Turbo as my grand daughter ran up to pet him with Cheeto covered fingers, but he liked it! I see the picture of that nice looking B model. I was hoping it would show up. He has done a really nice restoration.

Great fun was had. I’ve met @GeeBee before but I guess did not recognize the face again. Lots of folks there, you know how a bunch of mooney drivers are… set them down next to one another and they tend to zone out into a deep conversation (or not so deep) but otherwise engaging. 

@0TreeLemur isn’t actually an astronaut.  @AaronDC8402 isn’t actually 30. @Pasturepilot is actually aviation famous as a magazine columnist. 

I know so much now. Great to see everyone! 

IMG_6907.jpeg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 201Steve said:

@0TreeLemur isn’t actually an astronaut.

Hmmm.  Never claimed to be.  But I have "walked" in Lunar and Martian gravity and logged over 10 h of 0-g time in the NASA Vomit Comet, 25 seconds at at time.

Next fly-in should include name tags, and they should include our MS screen names!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, 0TreeLemur said:

Hmmm.  Never claimed to be.

If you're the guy based at Huntsville AL, the joke was, as you were walking up, Will Bannister was telling me you were an astronaut. lol He was mistaken.