Trevor Jacob pleads Guilty

Not sure if it was brought up on Mooneyspace before, but a while ago this YouTube guy intentionally bought a plane just to film himself bailing out mid flight because he said the engine quit.  He then recovered the wreckage so the FAA couldn't examine it.  Not sure exactly what punishment he will get yet, but he is pleading guilty to some federal charges.  Here is the link.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/11/us/trevor-jacob-youtuber-plead-guilty-federal-charge

How many lies does the federal government take…

To allow a YouTuber to make an honest penny…

possible support for plea deal…

1) Its not my fault… all the 29 year old kids were doing it.

2) It’s completely safe… I own my own parachute.

3) Nobody will remember my self centered act… after I make a ton of pennies.

4) Its not a landmark case… where the next one will be more stupid, more harmful, and include innocent people or property…

Good luck Trevor, you left your brain at the airport that day…

How many hours of public service does he get?

Tempered PP thoughts only, not a lawyer… 

Best regards,

-a-

Lest one think this was a victimless crime, consider the career impact on the millennial marketing dude who recommended  sponsoring that buffoon to plug the company's wallets :lol:. The wallets themselves actually seem pretty sweet (my free plug here out of pity;))  https://ridge.com/

10 hours ago, ilovecornfields said:

Self-publishing content can definitely have its drawbacks. Whenever I think of the number of kids today who get home from school and stare at YouTube (and TikTok and all the other related sites) it makes me sad about the future. 

That's what they said about TV when we were kids.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, ilovecornfields said:

Self-publishing content can definitely have its drawbacks. Whenever I think of the number of kids today who get home from school and stare at YouTube (and TikTok and all the other related sites) it makes me sad about the future. 

I watch YT every single day, I don’t have cable anymore. There is just as much crap if not more of it on cable tv. YouTube has plenty of highly education channels. Practical Engineering, Steve Morris Engines, SmarterEveryDay, element14, Adam Savages Tested, Flitetest, veritasium, EverydayAstronaut, Scott Manley, Andrew Huang, Rob Scallon, etc. This type of content doesn’t exist on cable tv.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dzeleski said:

I watch YT every single day, I don’t have cable anymore. There is just as much crap if not more of it on cable tv. YouTube has plenty of highly education channels. Practical Engineering, Steve Morris Engines, SmarterEveryDay, element14, Adam Savages Tested, Flitetest, veritasium, EverydayAstronaut, Scott Manley, Andrew Huang, Rob Scallon, etc. This type of content doesn’t exist on cable tv.

I can assure you that my son’s classmates are NOT watching those channels.

• Haha 1