ACCLAIM. is home

Danb

Finally got my new to me Acclaim home to Delaware after, rugged PPI, doing a complete top due to prior owner’s negligence fixing stuff.

Getting a IPC required by new insurance company do to age, better than no insurance, fighting ugly weather and so on.

I will love it, but it’s a shame to have to give it the loving care it deserves but never got, unreal to me a 2016 plane wasn’t cared for properly.

Also has pedal extensions which I hate, hopefully get used to them or take off.

DB

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Danb said:

Finally got my new to me Acclaim home to Delaware after, rugged PPI, doing a complete top due to prior owner’s negligence fixing stuff.

Getting a IPC required by new insurance company do to age, better than no insurance, fighting ugly weather and so on.

I will love it, but it’s a shame to have to give it the loving care it deserves but never got, unreal to me a 2016 plane wasn’t cared for properly.

DB

So you changed insurance companies because the old one had a problem with your age?  If so, what company did you replace them with?

On the rudder pedals, I have read that at some point Mooney started putting the 1.5-inch extensions on everything.  From there, you can go down to no extension, or up to 3.0-inch extension.  Mine has the 1.5 and I think I will have to remove the extension.

I was with Old Republic who at age 75 wanted me to fly with instructor, really, Brown insurance said they would insure me as long as I had a yearly IPC, no problem do it anyway. Putting it in bed storms in Texas

DB

IMG_0446.jpeg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Fly Boomer said:

On the rudder pedals, I have read that at some point Mooney started putting the 1.5-inch extensions on everything.  From there, you can go down to no extension, or up to 3.0-inch extension.  Mine has the 1.5 and I think I will have to remove the extension.

Take the extensions off. You too, @Danb. There's always people on here looking to buy a set. No, not me, I'm fine without extensions.

7 hours ago, Danb said:

I was with Old Republic who at age 75 wanted me to fly with instructor, really, Brown insurance said they would insure me as long as I had a yearly IPC, no problem do it anyway. Putting it in bed storms in Texas

DB

IMG_0446.jpeg

Beautiful machine. Congratulations!

Way to go Dan!

Many people have saved a Mooney from a horrible fate….

Usually, they are several decades older than a 2016 model…. :)

She is a beauty!

Let the comparisons fly… Continental Vs Lycoming…

Did you get the 310hp with that?

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 2

5 hours ago, carusoam said:

Way to go Dan!

Many people have saved a Mooney from a horrible fate….

Usually, they are several decades older than a 2016 model…. :)

She is a beauty!

Let the comparisons fly… Continental Vs Lycoming…

Did you get the 310hp with that?

Best regards,

-a-

Thanks Anthony no on the 310 upgrade, the mp is up a little, I don’t think I need it, after it starts it’s take off roll the twin turbos kick in, it’s enough for an old man to handle. We left Longview at gross it still was quick.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, mike_elliott said:

It was a pleasure to fly with you Dan. Yea, the pedal extensions have to go....

Thanks for all your help Mike I know it was a challenge with the poor weather and a not so good student.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Mike, there actually 3” extensions, me and a friend looked at them today, doesn’t look like I can figure out how to remove, I may contact Weber and have them remove for me, also I’m not sure there installed properly even though the factory installed them.

• Sad 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/2/2023 at 9:09 AM, Danb said:

DB

I put 3" pedal extensions in the pilot side of my F and they work well.  I have 1 1/2" in the co-pilot side.  If you take out the 3", I may buy them from you to put in the co-pilot side of my F.  My cell is (617) 877-0025. e-mail:  john.breda@gmail.com

Thanks,

John Breda

2 hours ago, Danb said:

John, we altered the 3” they may be ok, I’ve only just had it done 

Dan

I’m 5’11 and the 3” were a problem for me for two reasons. 

One they made who ever was behind me very uncomfortable, and two they made the position for long cruising weird for me when I push the seat back and the yoke very much in my belly when landing. 
My preference is no extensions.  

I agree but my extensions  had top tilted forward so I was riding the brakes worse I almost veared off runway in a strong crosswind, we shortened the extension taking away the tilt only one takeoff so far. I’ll fly this weekend, no Biden, so I’ll know better. Almost broke in so then I’ll need proper setting other than my current higher power settings I may give you a buzz Ray

On 6/10/2023 at 5:56 AM, Danb said:

I agree but my extensions  had top tilted forward so I was riding the brakes worse I almost veared off runway in a strong crosswind, we shortened the extension taking away the tilt only one takeoff so far. I’ll fly this weekend, no Biden, so I’ll know better. Almost broke in so then I’ll need proper setting other than my current higher power settings I may give you a buzz Ray

I have trouble staying off the brakes. 

How did you shorten the extension and take away the tilt?

Took off the brace which is on the 3” pedal shorten the brace modify it to reattach to the pedal. Not perfect but a hell of a lot better. I’ve only flown a couple times since modified but they are better. It’s most likely the easiest fit.