Exhaust valve oil line connector torque spec

My oil injector fittings on my Bravo's wet head have become annoying.   Seems like at least one is always seeping oil.   I can't seem to find a torque spec.   I've tried high temp thread sealant and what I felt was "snug".   I've also dynamically balanced the prop.   Any advice?

On 5/1/2023 at 7:13 AM, slowflyin said:

My oil injector fittings on my Bravo's wet head have become annoying.   Seems like at least one is always seeping oil.   I can't seem to find a torque spec.   I've tried high temp thread sealant and what I felt was "snug".   I've also dynamically balanced the prop.   Any advice?

This is a common issue on this engine. With much of any vibration at all they loosen. I finally just started "snugging" them at every oil change. It's also possible that someone before you could have cross-threaded them a little.

I had this problem on #4, always leaking, found the torque spec somewhere in a Lycoming manual, torqued to spec to no avail, Brian Kendrick stated it is a pipe thread and he torqued it much tighter than I had it, no leaks since, best check every oil change if any of the oil injectors is moving and tighten as needed 

• Thanks 1