How light is your Bravo?

rbp

After having my panel redone, my BEW went from 2392.74 to 2312, a net gain of 70.74 UL, or almost 12 gallons of fuel.

The CG went from 44.22" to 44.83, which is negligible. 

New W&B:
BEW 2312
UL: 1056  leaving 522#s of pax + cargo with full fuel fuel

Evernote Snapshot 20160611 130847.png

• Like 1

The Bravo I sold in November 2021 had long range tanks and after some panel work we got the useful load (on paper) to 1032. Mine was a 1993 and had the lighter Royalite interior panels. I had the paperwork that said 1032, but I am convinced that had it been set on scales and re-weighed  the number would have been "different". Re-weighing is really the only way to know for sure, but is usually disappointing.

On 4/24/2023 at 8:57 AM, rbp said:

After having my panel redone, my BEW went from 2392.74 to 2312, a net gain of 70.74 UL, or almost 12 gallons of fuel.

The CG went from 44.22" to 44.83, which is negligible. 

New W&B:
BEW 2312
UL: 1056  leaving 522#s of pax + cargo with full fuel fuel

That’s awesome! And encouraging. I’m hoping for something similar. I’ll compare notes some time in June. Currently I’m at 2375.69# and 45.62”, UL 993#.

Cheers,
Rick

On 4/24/2023 at 9:38 AM, ArtVandelay said:

600 lbs heavier than my J…I wonder how much is engine and extended fuselage?

the engine alone is 150 pounds heavier. 473 lbs for the TIO-540 vs 330 for the IO-360.

Edited by philiplane
  • Like 1

On 4/27/2023 at 11:51 AM, ArtVandelay said:

Where’s the extra 600 lbs, I doubt the extended fuselage is that much…maybe 50 lbs of extra aluminum…so leaves about 400lbs of extra weight the Bravo is over a early model J?

All the support equipment...dual batteries & alternators, dual vacuum pumps, more hoses, intercooler, oxygen system, more engine instrumentation, bigger fuel tanks, heavier propeller, heavier cowl, more avionics, with remote boxes in the tail and associated wiring, heavier tires, extra upholstery, extra insulation for high altitude ops, and other soundproofing ...there are lots of details that add the weight.

Edited by philiplane
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2023 at 6:38 AM, ArtVandelay said:

600 lbs heavier than my J…I wonder how much is engine and extended fuselage?

My E had nothing but 2 nav-coms and a Brittain in it and it was just shy of 1750.  Your J must be really light.

5 hours ago, geoffb said:
My E had nothing but 2 nav-coms and a Brittain in it and it was just shy of 1750.  Your J must be really light.

Betting you had WX10 (10 lbs), kns 80(6 lbs), vacuum system with backup (20 lbs), etc….just like rbp I lost 70 lbs with panel upgrades.

1 hour ago, geoffb said:

That’s a chubby E model. That’s 70lbs heavier than my F model which has a pretty basic IFR Panel and is fully insulated.