Finally pulled the trigger on EI CGR combo!

gmonnig

I've been helping a fellow mooney driver install the CGR30P to his already installed CGR30C and I like how EI has everything laid out. Instructions are very clear and no pinning out anything. We came up with good plan on the Fuel Flow transducer but his is a carbureted C-Model. My E seemed to be a little more cramped on the pilot side with the exhaust hanging lower in the cowl. Does anyone have pictures of their E Model Fuel Flow mounting locations? I believe JPI's FF mounting has the same requirements so I guess it's not system specific. Thanks!

• Like 1

EI makes some great products, but hope you're aware this combination results in two separate data files for your flight data. i.e. each unit creates its own data files which makes it nearly impossible to see the the whole picture without combining the two data sets manually. I have one client that has figured out how to do that via Excel but I sue wouldn't want to go to all that trouble on regular basis. Because of this issue though I would much prefer a single unit solution.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2023 at 12:45 PM, kortopates said:

EI makes some great products, but hope you're aware this combination results in two separate data files for your flight data. i.e. each unit creates its own data files which makes it nearly impossible to see the the whole picture without combining the two data sets manually. I have one client that has figured out how to do that via Excel but I sue wouldn't want to go to all that trouble on regular basis. Because of this issue though I would much prefer a single unit solution.

Split screen should work, right? And it's easy, open both files, press the window button and an arrow, the file will fill that half of the screen. Put the second file on the other side 

19 hours ago, jetdriven said:

For the same size hole in the panel you can have a one screen solution, the GI275

True, but I already have two GI-275s.  The pair of CGRs will display more information than a single 275. The Garmin is more difficult to install and cost more to get all the options. Panel space is not a problem. The engine monitors will be neatly installed on the pilot side, copilot side will be totally blank. Maybe I'll put a glove box in...

• 1 month later...

After about two months, I can call the install complete. The plane was down starting mid April with the removal of the fuel senders that were sent off to EI for new magnetic ones (took a few weeks). Timing was good since I was vacationing in Europe for a couple weeks with my wife. Everything was sitting at home the day I got home, then the fun began! I worked under supervision of my A&P and logged the time. Took me one week from start to finish (while also working a 48hr work week). I put 30hrs of work in the install. There were teething problems though that caused the delays. The CGR30C fired right up the first throw of the master switch but the CGR30P did not go past the boot up screen. Of course it was a Thurs and this screen needed to be shipped back. EI received the screen on a Monday and repairs were made, then shipped back. During the down time, the overhead vent was repaired, resealed up, new speaker installed, new scat tubing, and interior plastic was touched up! She's all ready for Oshkosh. 

IMG_3790.jpeg

IMG_3799.jpeg

• Like 2