How shitty are the birds at your airport? (poll)

201er

How shitty are the birds at your airport?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. How shitty are the birds at your airport outdoors?

• No poop on plane
    • A little crap
    • Some crap
    • Lots of shit
    • Shit drenched plane
    • Don't know
  2. 2. How shitty are the birds at your airport indoors?

• No poop on plane
    • A little crap
    • Some crap
    • Lots of shit
    • Shit drenched plane
    • Don't know

2 hours ago, 201er said:

I came to a realization that some airports are much shittier than others. In terms of birds crapping on your plane.

How would you rate the amount of bird shit you get on your plane (or on the covers) from none to

bob-saget-angry.gif

There's been no problem since I've been bringing my cat Jason to the hangar

image.jpeg.a61c0e19ee58825438be8c2fdcf11b30.jpeg

• Like 2

When I kept my plane outside at Caldwell NJ it was like a magnet to starling birds. 

had to retract the step and use towels to plug up all holes near the tail. Of course cowl plugs and other covers.  One time we spent almost an entire day removing nests.  Also keep your prop horizontal. One less perch for them to stand and poop on. 

image.jpeg.5934a89f34e14bcf3aa6fd6c99fa4c99.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Jim Peace said:

When I kept my plane outside at Caldwell NJ it was like a magnet to starling birds. 

had to retract the step and use towels to plug up all holes near the tail. Of course cowl plugs and other covers.  One time we spent almost an entire day removing nests.  Also keep your prop horizontal. One less perch for them to stand and poop on.

Well that takes the cake, when they're shitting on your plane, in your plane, and making more little butts to do shit on your plane some more.

Realized how lucky I am not to have a bird problem being outside a decade at my airport. That's about the only good thing I can say about my airport.

This was particularly highlighted to me when after only a few days outside in the middle of a wide concrete ramp in Florida, my vertical stabilizer was painted in colors of crap. Little undigested seeds and all.

However, being indoors isn't always the catch all. Occasionally I've been in communal hangars where the plane got crapped on more than outside!