I need a ride in a Mooney!!

Jorge0272

All, I need a ride in a Mooney. Preferably a M20C/E/F. A J would be great, but I am looking into purchasing a C/E/F, so prefer those. Just looking for a quick ride to see if I fit and what they are like. 

On paper, they are exactly what I need, now I just need to see them physically.

I am near L45, KBFL, KTSP. Near Bakersfield and Mojave.

Email me at jorge0272@gmail. Thank you!

Edited by Jorge0272
Wording

Good luck Jorge…

use caution when offering to pay for things that break FARs in public…. :)

Split expenses would probably attract less attention…

C,E,F,J… they all feel the same… powerful and fast!

There are fine details between them all, but hard to tell from a single flight…

Use caution! A single flight in an M20C is very addictive…  I can’t break my Mooney habit… :)

Go Mooney!

Best regards,

-a-

I'm traveling for a few weeks but I'm often down by KBFL for pilots and paws flights and am happy to meet up with you when I am down there next.  PM me if you'd like to try to arrange something.  I'm based at KRHV and KJAQ depending on the day of the week.

6 hours ago, Jorge0272 said:

Fixed it. Thanks!

I am looking more if I fit in it. Honestly, I am sure I will like the way they fly, I just want to make sure I am comfortable inside. 

Around 300 LBs… you start to run out of space, depending who is next to you…

Around 6’6… with short legs… you start leaning the chair back…

When it comes to single engine aircraft….   Mooneys aren’t small… they just took out the space under the seat!

:)

Best regards,

-a-

1 minute ago, Jorge0272 said:

@201Mooniac

hey, thank you for the offer. Will definitely get in touch with you. Pilots and Paws is actually on of the reasons I want to buy an airplane. 

@carusoam

I am 6’ and 210lbs and the wife is 5’2” and 120. I think we should fine, just want to make sure. 

Plenty of room for you two…

back seat space of a short body Mooney will be tough if you have two big backseaters…

We traded in our M20C for a big Mooney when the kids got bigger… See Day1 of kids meeting the new plane in my avatar….  :)

Best regards,

-a-

On 4/11/2023 at 9:16 PM, Jorge0272 said:

I am 6’ and 210lbs and the wife is 5’2” and 120. I think we should fine, just want to make sure. 

I’m 6’ @220, my wife is 5’8” @135 and we fit fine in our “E”, in fact you’ll be surprised at how far forward you’ll have to move the seat to get full rudder movement. I even fit in the back seat of the short bodied Mooneys. 

That is good to know about the E. Seems to be cheaper than the F, by a little. 

I think she would love to fly. Going to look for some doggy headsets for here. Since it is just me, the wife and our girl, I can probably remove the rear seats and put her bed back there so she can be comfortable. Will have to see what that does to the weight and balance though before removing anything. 

Ruby.jpg

• Like 1