Feedback Please - 2022 Mooney Summit VIII - Your Likes/Dislikes

Rick Junkin

For those I haven’t met, I’m Rick Junkin. I was the Event Director for Mooney Summit VIII. My 3 year term on the Mooney Summit Board of Directors concluded with Mooney Summit VIII.

To all who attended the Mooney Summit last year, thank you! Your participation is deeply appreciated and helped raise, in conjunction with contributions over the past three years, over $20,000 for the Bill Gilliland Foundation.

But the Summit and it’s safety focus is for the benefit of you, the attendees, and I’d like you to help Dan and Alex plan the best Summit yet in 2023 by sharing what you liked and disliked about the last Summit. My intent is to get your honest feedback and suggestions. Please keep it constructive, but don’t hold back on the things you didn’t like.

Mooney Summit VIII was an aberration in that it was the culmination of three years of on again - off again planning, registrations and contributions that led to some weird and cumbersome ways of getting things done. Be that as it was, the feedback I received was overwhelmingly positive. That’s great! Now’s your opportunity to reinforce that, or not, and share ideas for ways the next Summit can be better.

Here are some suggested topics to prompt your memory of the events and venues of Summit VIII.

1. Event Scheduling
  2. Registration Process
  3. Communication from Mooney Summit Board of Directors
  4. Arrival handling by ATC
  5. Arrival handling by FBO
  6. Airport Day Venue and Facilities at KTPF
  7. Airport Day Lunch
  8. Airport Day Vendor Presence
  9. Airport Day Roundtable Discussions
  10. Airport Day Reception BBQ
  11. Hotel accommodations
  12. Seminar Venue and Facilities - Tampa Theater
  13. Seminar Presentations and Presenters
  14. Banquet food and venue
  15. Online Silent Auction
  16. Do you feel you got value for your registration fee?

Please add your additional comments on anything I haven’t captured. Thanks for your time and honest feedback. With your help, Dan and Alex are going to give you an awesome event in 2023.

Cheers,
Rick

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Rick Junkin changed the title to 2022 Mooney Summit VIII - Your Likes/Dislikes

Thanks for all your hard work making the Mooney Summit what it is Rick! To answer your questions:

1. Event Scheduling - I think 3 days rather that 2 is better, but it being Sunday-Monday, rather than Friday -Sunday didn't really make any difference to me.
  2. Registration Process - Simple!
  3. Communication from Mooney Summit Board of Directors - Excellent!
  4. Arrival handling by ATC - I wasn't looking forward to the published VFR arrival procedure to be honest. As it turned out it was raining when I arrived and ATC gave me the RNAV approach without any delay so that was great. I did do the VFR departure to pick up my IFR when I left and I didn't love being low over a built up area single engine, but ATC did give me a clearance right away and did get me a bit higher fairly quickly. In this regard, I much prefer KECP over KTPF.
  5. Arrival handling by FBO - It was probably my mistake, but I had thought that the instructions had said to bring your own chocks OR tie downs. I brought tie downs, but they had no place for me to tie down. This is another plus for ECP, they have tie downs.
  6. Airport Day Venue and Facilities at KTPF - No complaints, it was great.
  7. Airport Day Lunch - can't say I remember what I had lol
  8. Airport Day Vendor Presence - Very good, really appreciated the free O2 fill from Aerox!
  9. Airport Day Roundtable Discussions - Lots of interesting topics
  10. Airport Day Reception BBQ - delicious!
  11. Hotel accommodations - convenient location.
  12. Seminar Venue and Facilities - Tampa Theater - Cool building!
  13. Seminar Presentations and Presenters - Excellent as always!
  14. Banquet food and venue - good was good, but it would have been better if there were tables
  15. Online Silent Auction - got outbid again :rolleyes:
  16. Do you feel you got value for your registration fee? - Absolutely!

Summit VIII was my 4th Summit and I'm really looking forward to the next one.

Steve

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@ohdub

It’s not what you ate that was important…

It’s who you ate with that matters most!!!

:)

I sat with Steve and a bunch of MSers eating some weird healthy taco thing…. :)

And toured the ramp with a bunch of other Mooniacs….

And discussed mods and upgrades while sitting in somebody’s plane….  :)

My ancient memory continues to improve…

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 2

• Rick Junkin changed the title to Feedback Please - 2022 Mooney Summit VIII - Your Likes/Dislikes
  • 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Red Leader said:

Perhaps, when we next meet, we can include our Mooneyspace names just under our real names on the provided name tags. It would be much cooler to know who we have been talking to online.

There is a place on the registration form to indicate your call sign, Mooneyspace username, or what ever else you’d like on your name tag. Some folks have done what you’ve suggested.

• Thanks 1