April fly in 2023 west coast Mooneys

Tommooney

Catalina island airport in the sky : I got one like. I'll be there for lunch tomorrow. My neighbor is flying in too.

This was new last time: Bike Catalina will bring bikes to the airport to ride down to town and give you a ride back up to airport: 310-913-1028

Tom

Appreciate the effort.  I’ll participate in a west coast fly in one of these days.  Haven’t been to Catalina in years.  Not a big fan of getting too far off shore.  Does the runway still have that big dip in the middle?  

The Seabees rebuilt the runway a few years ago with a new concrete runway but it still has the hump in the middle and the little launch bump at about 400' left side., but the pothol;es were gone and much improved last time i was there 6 months ago. I use the LAX VFR corridor so overwater is only a few minutes.

• Like 1