Interested in trying out formation flying in PNW

shawnd

Hello! Signed up on Mooney Caravan but do not see any formation clinics scheduled for the PNW region for 2023. There's a B2OSH event in June but that seems more geared towards preparing for the trip to Oshkosh. Anyone who can provide some guidance on next steps? I do have link to the Learn page at Mooney Caravan and will start on it once I figure out where I can use that knowledge :D

Shawn

Paging @amillet and @Bolter who are up in the PNW and are great people to connect with. The B2OSH event at Bremerton is a good way to get acquainted with formation flying. To participate in the OSH flight, you will need a proficiency check by one of our Caravan safety observers, and historically we've had at least one person at the Bremerton event who can do it. I suggest reaching out to Alan and Bolter to see what will be available at PWT this year.

1 hour ago, adverseyaw said:

Paging @amillet and @Bolter who are up in the PNW and are great people to connect with. The B2OSH event at Bremerton is a good way to get acquainted with formation flying. To participate in the OSH flight, you will need a proficiency check by one of our Caravan safety observers, and historically we've had at least one person at the Bremerton event who can do it. I suggest reaching out to Alan and Bolter to see what will be available at PWT this year.

@shawnd We meet up and practice when we can.  I will let you know the next time we go, and you can get a ride and see what the Caravan expects you to do.  None of us remaining in the PNW are approved for training or checkouts for the Caravan, but as @adverseyaw says, some of the Beech guys are. 

I am going to PM you my contact info.  If you are available on Fridays, that would be convenient, as well.  

-dan

Thanks folks - Would love to take you up on your offer @Bolter and sit on the right side to see whats involved. Then eventually start the training locally if possible.  Heading away for a few days currently poses a small problem logistically.