Garmin Pilot not recognizing aircraft type

GP isn’t accepting the ICAO aircraft type for M20J, M20P, M20 etc. when I try to pull a briefing on my VFR flight plan. I’ve looked all around for a solution and all I could find was M20P as the ICAO type for my J. Have tried entering every possible variant I could think of but to no avail. Thanks I’m advance

7B3621CD-A28A-4F7E-A671-38B2506BFCF9.jpeg

38A7801D-9A1C-4985-AD47-2007636C2BB4.jpeg

I would try setting logbook type to M20P and see if that works. The fact that you got an error message with the letter truncated might indicate that it checks both. Also, it is a good idea to completely shut down the tablet and do a cold reboot from time to time. That sometimes fixes weird problems.

Skip

I would try setting logbook type to M20P and see if that works. The fact that you got an error message with the letter truncated might indicate that it checks both. Also, it is a good idea to completely shut down the tablet and do a cold reboot from time to time. That sometimes fixes weird problems.
Skip

I have the same settings as OP and it works fine
3b3d9c477fcb0373cde306c3bd2a55cd.jpg
  • Like 1

On 3/19/2023 at 1:09 PM, MoMooneyMoProblems said:

Thanks Skip! Setting both to M20P worked. Thought I had tried that already but guess not 

Glad it worked for you, however, on my Garmin Pilot I have the logbook set to M20C and the Aircraft for filing set to M20P and it works just fine.