SOLD - M20K 305 Rocket now for sale

MS has been a great resource during my initial Mooney search and then as a first time plane buyer.  I wanted to pay it back by offering my Rocket here first. 

My mission when I bought the Rocket was monthly, solo work trips from DC to Tampa.  With the Monroy tanks and turbo I was able to make that trip nonstop in the high teens at 205KTAS at 19GPH.  Staying above the Florida pop-up thunderstorms in the summer and getting around icing was cake.  I enjoyed cruising above the NA traffic and below the airliners – made getting direct routing easy many times. 

When I bought the Rocket in 2021 it was already in fantastic shape.  Had just come out of an IRAN and TOH from a ground prop strike and had a brand-new MT 4 blade non-feathering prop to counter the nose heavy feel of that big Continental.  It had everything I wanted – new paint (2019), GAMI injectors, speed brakes, Monroy tanks (104 gal), on board O2 (115 cubic feet), yaw damper and more. 

A few of the upgrades under my care include:

- JPI EDM 830 Engine Analyzer

- New windshield

- WAT LED lights all around (awaiting shipment of recogs)

Excellent maintenance history with much done at Top Gun MSC when it was on the West Coast and now by @jetdriven at GAI. Took care of all of the "first year" plane squawks  - the plan for this year was to upgrade the panel so at the annual (November 2022) we started consolidating and moving things to make room for upgrades.   

This plane has been coast to coast  - took it from Half Moon Bay to Ocean City MD – and all along the east coast.  I’ve changed jobs and not flying as much as I used to for work and this beast needs to be flown. 

Please PM me if interested.

EDITS:  Finally had a minute to get the Rocket listed on Controller and TAP, should be live soon, asking $219k.  Lots of extras for MS buyers included: AC robotics tug, twin hornet engine heater, black box engine saver, and switcheon box....plus whatever else I might have laying around the hangar. 

UL is 969, if there are other questions I missed PM me.  Thanks!

IMG_2413.jpeg

IMG_2414.jpeg

IMG_2412.jpeg

IMG_2410.jpeg

IMG_2406.jpeg

IMG_2405.jpeg

IMG_2403.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WrightFlyer said:

It had everything I wanted – new paint (2019), GAMI injectors, speed brakes, Monroy tanks (104 gal), on board O2 (115 cubic feet), yaw damper and more. 

FWIW, I looked at this airplane not long after it was painted by Gus Haussler, and it was absolutely perfect!

• Like 1

• WrightFlyer changed the title to M20K 305 Rocket now for sale - $219k
  • 2 weeks later...

Travis takes care of his Rocket! I’ve seen it in person numerous times. Whoever gets this airplane will have a sweet ride. 

Good luck with the sale and anyone feel free to PM me for an objective and outside view. Travis is a trustworthy owner!

-Seth

• Like 2

• WrightFlyer changed the title to SOLD - M20K 305 Rocket now for sale