MAPA IS BACK! NEW OWNER? ?

Received a renewal invoice today ( my membership expired in 2021 ).  The. heading on the invoice said " MAPA IS BACK! NEW OWNER!  ". There was no other information regarding MAPA changes.

Wondering if anyone had heard anything additional regarding the future of MAPA.

I am considering rejoining if I can find a good reason.

Jim

• Like 1

The Mooney Safety Foundation (providers of the well respected PPPs) was featured in the latest MooneyFlyer online magazine. It was always associated with the MAPA magazine and organization before 

2 minutes ago, amillet said:

It was always associated with the MAPA magazine and organization before 

I shot off a Txt to someone with MAPA Safety Foundation to ask if by chance they were the new owners.  No reply yet, but it would be nice if they were still involved.

Honestly, I've been a MAPA member on and off a few times since the mid-1990s.  When I began flying airplanes other than the ubiquitous Cessnas and PA28s, I would join the type club for at least a year. Never been that impressed compared with other type organizations. 

1 hour ago, exM20K said:

If the new owners are watching this thread, be advised you have a typo/spelling error on the second sentence of the webpage content.

Ah... you should bear with them a little bit.  Since they just took over I'm sure they're working with a bare bones staff.

(That's the best I can come up with until I have more coffee... :D)

• Haha 2

I received a post card with Lela Hughes’ email address on it…

Its an ad for the upcoming Mooney PPP program at Henderson, NV…

MooneySafety.com was the contact given, along with a phone and email…

Trey and Lela were the backbones of MAPA until they retired….

Looks like Lela has unretired for a bit….

Best regards,

-a-

4 hours ago, carusoam said:

I received a post card with Lela Hughes’ email address on it…

Its an ad for the upcoming Mooney PPP program at Henderson, NV…

MooneySafety.com was the contact given, along with a phone and email…

Trey and Lela were the backbones of MAPA until they retired….

Looks like Lela has unretired for a bit….

Best regards,

-a-

Lela has been handling the MAPA Saftey even since they left MAPA.

I just got an invoice yesterday from MAPA for a membership fee, saying they had new owners. Still the same office address, still the same personnel I believe.

It's going to take some effort to rebuild the trust that they'll actually do what they say they are going to do. For the past few years when they actually did a magazine it was just a re-shuffling of what had been printed over and over. In my opinion, they need to give people who supported them for years a free year to help make up for all of the missed issues that they paid for and never got. If you compare the MAPA magazine to Cirrus and the Malibu owners, Bonanza, etc, it has a long ways to go to be credible.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LANCECASPER said:

…If you compare the MAPA magazine to Cirrus and the Malibu owners, Bonanza, etc, it has a long ways to go to be credible.

True. But the Malibu owners’ group, MMOPA, has a paid staff and charges members $275 per year.  

I got this email yesterday after mailing a check in December. Pertinent details are deleted to protect the innocent and the offended. So it looks like things are getting back on track!

Thank you so much for joining MAPA!  Your New Member welcome package is on its way in the mail.  Also, below you will find your login information and the website.  Finally, it may not be until next week before you are able to log in, but you are welcome to try anytime.  Just know the website is under construction for March, but we will have that up soon!  

MAPA Number -
Website - www.mooneypilots.org
Username is 
Password - 

If you have any questions or problems, please do not hesitate to contact our office at 830-367-2835 or email us to let us help you!  Again, thank you so much for joining MAPA, and please enjoy your new membership!

Thank you,

Jennifer Newman
Office Administrator
Mooney Aircraft Pilots Association
2847 Junction Hwy, Ste E.
Kerrville, TX 78028
830-367-2835

7 hours ago, Jerry 5TJ said:

True. But the Malibu owners’ group, MMOPA, has a paid staff and charges members $275 per year.  

But MMOPA has negotiated a discount with Garmin that covers the cost of the MMOPA membership in your Garmin OnePak discount. So if you use that discount your membership is essentially free. If you use the Garmin Pilot free upgrade from basic to Premium you are now about $75 ahead. Plus they get a great website, magazine, events, etc

Cirrus Owners association members get basically the same discounts through Jeppesen to more than pay for their membership. Plus they get a great website, magazine, events, etc.

With MAPA the last couple years we couldn't even get a magazine. If they don't pay their staff I guess I see why there isn't a magazine.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, GeeBee said:

So it looks like things are getting back on track!

I see Jennifer's name as the Admin.  But is there really no publicity about who bought MAPA? 

I would think they would be visiting all these sites or at least reaching out to Mooney owners they know to be singing their praises.  

• Thanks 1