Flying in Germany

terbang

4 hours ago, terbang said:

For those of you who intend to cross the pond one day and then might end up in Germany

I will not be crossing anything larger than a swimming pool, but the radio work was interesting.  I used to hang out at a small field outside London, and even though it was (ostensibly) the same language I am used to, the words, sequence of transmissions, and cadence made it difficult for me to understand.  Because this country is so large, we do not appreciate how familiarity makes ATC communication easier.

16 hours ago, Fly Boomer said:

I will not be crossing anything larger than a swimming pool, but the radio work was interesting.  I used to hang out at a small field outside London, and even though it was (ostensibly) the same language I am used to, the words, sequence of transmissions, and cadence made it difficult for me to understand.  Because this country is so large, we do not appreciate how familiarity makes ATC communication easier.

Yes, countries in Europe are tiny compared to the US and there are many of them with different languages. Here is an example in French and Spanish:

Edited by terbang
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, My name is Pieter and I cross Europe approx. 10 times a year from EHRD (Rotterdam) to LFMF (Fayence) in the south of France. When I was working I flew my Ovation 2 from England to Poland, Austria and over the Alps to Verona. Luckily I bought my Ovation in Austin Tx with TKS, which in my few is really necessary in Europe when you fly IFR. Actually new in this community, but already flying in Europe since 2008. Is there a European meeting in 2023? Regards Pieter

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2023 at 4:15 PM, PeeJee said:

Hello, My name is Pieter and I cross Europe approx. 10 times a year from EHRD (Rotterdam) to LFMF (Fayence) in the south of France. When I was working I flew my Ovation 2 from England to Poland, Austria and over the Alps to Verona. Luckily I bought my Ovation in Austin Tx with TKS, which in my few is really necessary in Europe when you fly IFR. Actually new in this community, but already flying in Europe since 2008. Is there a European meeting in 2023? Regards Pieter

https://www.empoa.eu/index.php/en/news/upcoming-events

There are Mooney fly-ins in Munster and Scilly Island (landing in France). I'm probably going to Munster. It would be nice to meet you there :)