SPEED BRAKE REPAIR

M20R

The only benefit to doing that is if you want them to overhaul and get a warranty. They are easy to disassemble and Precise will sell parts, but they will pressure you into an overhaul.

I had a speed brake that failed and it was a broken spring. A&P helped me pull, replace, and install. Out $30 plus A&P time.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

• Like 2

The main reason they need to be overhauled is that the Instructions for Continued Airworthiness are not being done on many of the speed brakes. It involves pulling the cartridge at every annual and cleaning the worm/worm gear and re-greasing with Aeroshell 22. On every Mooney that I have bought it looks as though this was never done. The speed brakes are usually slow to retract. After servicing,  the ones I have done are fine. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, M20R said:

Flat rate just like Garmin.

Similar.  If it were the same the G430w flat rate would be $5000..

And actually Extant is worse. Flat rate repair on a A WX500 stormscope is $5500. Avidyne Entegra R9 screens  are something like 14k. Broken knob or jammed button,   14k.