The Mooney "Anomaly"

TheMooneyAnomaly

2 minutes ago, hammdo said:

Still have your old control yokes?

they look in great shape…

-Don

Hi, Don!  

I sure do.  

The left-side yoke has what appears to be a fracture in the metal where it mounts to the rod. I do not know the severity or depth of it. 

As a non-mechanic and not being a structural engineer, it did not look like much to me but the avionics shop didn't like it. 

I cannot comment on the condition of the PC cutoff valve as that system was disconnected prior to purchase.

Happy to entertain an offer on these in their current condition and any of the stuff that came out of the panel.

IMG_2972.jpeg.6e09a9d8ecec0b357d312ba4e484fc72.jpegIMG_2971.jpeg.d70ea59dd057209b85e575c9cacb930a.jpegIMG_2970.jpeg.ebe0e960aa666a1fe6fdc7d8c2aa1276.jpegIMG_2969.jpeg.5a56414dff990670057de41b3c06b8cd.jpeg

IMG_7417.jpeg.a6a9de0fbc69ac2a9827abca63d102ab.jpegIMG_7416.jpeg.f1f7cd09c7d0a3aa6e8c9b4785a50f6c.jpeg

Note: Stratus transponder kit has already been sold.

Is this the alleged crack location? 

2023-01-30.jpg.3344dc78a7dee84f11481a2591d5fa81.jpg

It appears too small to be properly assessed with the human eye.  Is there anyone on your field that does Non Destructive Testing? Someone more versed than me can speak to the appropriate guidance, but I would think there are additional steps to be taken before it is condemned. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Shadrach said:

Is this the alleged crack location? 

It appears too small to be properly assessed with the human eye.  Is there anyone on your field that does Non Destructive Testing? Someone more versed than me can speak to the appropriate guidance, but I would think there are additional steps to be taken before it is condemned. 

Yes, it is the curved line in that red circle.  I'm not sure about the testing part but I can ask. We only have a few mx shops on field and they aren't huge. 

I was eager to get controls that have native support for modern electronic buttons, so once they pointed it out, I was happy to go shopping...  

5 minutes ago, TheMooneyAnomaly said:

Yes, it is the curved line in that red circle.  I'm not sure about the testing part but I can ask. We only have a few mx shops on field and they aren't huge. 

I was eager to get controls that have native support for modern electronic buttons, so once they pointed it out, I was happy to go shopping...  

I think I may be confused. In earlier pictures, it looks like it has yokes from a Beech A36 installed.  Are you planning on selling the Mooney OEM yokes?

5 minutes ago, Shadrach said:

I think I may be confused. In earlier pictures, it looks like it has yokes from a Beech A36 installed.  Are you planning on selling the Mooney OEM yokes?

Hi, Ross!

The pics with the new panel show brand new Cygnet yokes which are the same as found in many Barons and Bonanzas.  They make an adaptor for the different rod size and my IA took the necessary actions for compliance.

Yes, planning to sell anything that came out of the panel and the old yokes - but important to read the details about the potential crack in the left side Mooney yoke that came out (above).  Do not yet have any testing plan in place to determine if the old left side yoke is airworthy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, StevenL757 said:

Imagine what goes in the FAA Flight Plan box under “Aircraft Color”…

”All of them”  :-)

Some serious work and planning there.

"Colors: Yes"

10 hours ago, TheMooneyAnomaly said:

Bruce Jaeger himself came up and installed his "Spatial Interior" this past summer.  

The seat upholstery was custom made by Georges with Gemico, local here near St. Petersburg, FL.

The carpet is from SCS.

Which material did you go with from SCS, and did you get the Ensolite backing or no?

15 hours ago, ZuluZulu said:

"Colors: Yes"

Which material did you go with from SCS, and did you get the Ensolite backing or no?

Floor carpeting from SCS: black nylon, no ensolite backing

Foot panel fabric from Douglass Fabrics: flyweight smoke carpet

Baggage area, door jamb, and spar from Douglass Fabrics: fusion flint

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, TheMooneyAnomaly said:

Floor carpeting from SCS: black nylon, no ensolite backing

Foot panel fabric from Douglass Fabrics: flyweight smoke carpet

Baggage area, door jamb, and spar from Douglass Fabrics: fusion flint

Do you regret not getting the Ensolite?  Would you order it if you were doing it over?  I'm trying to decide if I need it or not.  Probably getting the nylon.

5 hours ago, ZuluZulu said:

Do you regret not getting the Ensolite?  Would you order it if you were doing it over?  I'm trying to decide if I need it or not.  Probably getting the nylon.

I've had the AeroComfort carpet with the foam glued to the carpet, probably very similar to Ensolite. I noticed two things: a little quieter than the factory carpets that they replaced and in the winter my feet stayed warmer in the flight levels. Whatever the cost difference is, you won't remember it in a month. I always regret it when I am thinking about whether to get an option and don't end up getting it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fantastic forever-plane upgrades!

Top of the line everything…

:)

I think the sales manager from 3M just called… their blue painter’s tape had great sales numbers this quarter… somebody on the east coast bought 1k rolls in one order….   :)

Looks fantastic, inside and out!

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1
  • Haha 2