Is the Mooney merchandise store closed for good?

Kirch56H

Is the Mooney Merchandise store closed for good? I tried to go to the website and got a silly closed picture?  I’ve bought from them in the past and their embroidery and products have been top notch. If it’s down for good, were can I get nice Mooney logo stuff? 

https://mooneyspeedshop.merchorders.com

image.png.8164c3bfb1705870e8f3d6ee36922762.png

Weird. This is still linked from the main mooney.com nav menu. 

I always figure that since it’s linked from mooney.com, it must benefit Mooney Intl in some way. Who knows. 

Anyway, would be good to have a continuing source of “official” merchandise, since there’s an awful lot of “unofficial” merch out there. 

39 minutes ago, toto said:

Weird. This is still linked from the main mooney.com nav menu. 

I always figure that since it’s linked from mooney.com, it must benefit Mooney Intl in some way. Who knows. 

Anyway, would be good to have a continuing source of “official” merchandise, since there’s an awful lot of “unofficial” merch out there. 

I noticed the same thing last week. It is just another sign of atrophy for a company that still thinks it’s a going concern. They were probably just liquidating old inventory with no cash or means to restock.

Have you gone to Mooney’s “Air Traffic” recently? There has not been any response from the company to any question in 18 months. The only activity is two J owners posting pictures of their airplanes and one clueless owner asking if they are going to build new Acclaims.

Edited by 1980Mooney

Any high resolution image can be brought to a local embroidery shop and put on whatever goods you desire. 
As long as you aren’t doing them to sell to people it’s no different that doing one in your home. 
which btw… 

I took my daughter to a fabric store to buy a sewing machine recently and one could buy a machine to make those logos for around $1,000 in your own home…. 
technology is amazing…

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, glbtrottr said:

How much effort does it take to maintain an online store / cart? That’s pretty basic ….

If you close down the avenues to get revenue, how can anyone financially support you?

Maybe they’ll chime in …

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess it depends on whether the people making the merch are the same people running the online shop. If they’re separate, then the shop itself is nbd. 

6 minutes ago, glbtrottr said:

How much effort does it take to maintain an online store / cart? That’s pretty basic ….

If you close down the avenues to get revenue, how can anyone financially support you?

Maybe they’ll chime in …

The "effort" is in investing capital (which they don't have) into purchasing and stocking inventory that is unique to Mooney.  They weren't (re)selling commodity products.  Even if it was a simple as putting an "official" Mooney logo on an otherwise commodity product, Mooney Corp has to pay someone to do that and place pre-orders and hold inventory.  More evidence that they are on a "hand to mouth" cashflow basis.  We already have witnessed that in their inventory policies on things like "no-back spring" order quantities.  

22 hours ago, 1980Mooney said:

The "effort" is in investing capital (which they don't have) into purchasing and stocking inventory that is unique to Mooney.  They weren't (re)selling commodity products.  Even if it was a simple as putting an "official" Mooney logo on an otherwise commodity product, Mooney Corp has to pay someone to do that and place pre-orders and hold inventory.  More evidence that they are on a "hand to mouth" cashflow basis.  We already have witnessed that in their inventory policies on things like "no-back spring" order quantities.  

The merch stuff like they were selling isn't stocked, they just forward orders to the vendor who prints it or makes it and drop ships it.   The only effort on Mooney's part is setting it up, maintaining the website, etc.   If the vendor had a minimum order agreement and they weren't meeting it then it would have been a money sink and they probably just killed it.

When they first set it up I thought it looked cheap that an aircraft manufacturer was reduced to just selling merch.   It wasn't a good look at all, imho.  Now it looks even worse that they maintain a link to a dead merch site.   :(

• Like 3

Shirts and hats are the absolute minimum, low hanging fruit, cost / revenue. 

your crappy local band has shirts. 

hell, the local lemonade stand has shirts. 

this from a manufacturer that will do your annual. But not supply the parts for repair of items found in the annual…

Edited by chriscalandro

They are producing and shipping parts.

I have ordered 3 things from them over the past couple of months.  Two were off the shelf (not made by Mooney, but in stock) and one was produced for me.

But yes, they have been very quiet.  Over the summer I suggested a monthly update posting, and most here on MS thought that was a terrible idea as it would take time away from resurrecting Mooney.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

I was hoping to order some new Mooney merch today and saw that the store is still linked from the home page but still inop :/

Does anyone know if there is another source of "official" Mooney merchandise?  I.e., where some portion of the revenue benefits Mooney?