M20C Crash Calhoun, GA

3 hours ago, A64Pilot said:

but if you look at most hard landings etc, only one gear folds

No.  Not for the M20, that’s not correct information.  I said before it’s all up, all down, or all in transit the chances of only 1 doing any of the above alone is so rare.  

30 minutes ago, KB4 said:

No.  Not for the M20, that’s not correct information.  I said before it’s all up, all down, or all in transit the chances of only 1 doing any of the above alone is so rare.  

Start looking around at mooney gear collapses, you will see., Real collapses not the I landed and they collapsed, but when the airplane was lifted they functioned normally collapses. Or the very rare J bar slipped out of its downlock collapses, there is a video of that somewhere

I’d search, but the search function as near ad I can tell is worthless.

In order for all three to retract that pretty much means nothing or not much is broken, but usually on a real collapse something breaks, like the actuating rod for that one gear as in a side load on a main for instance, one gear is being forced open, but the other closed, so the one being forced closed collapses it’s actuating tube and does fold. 

Slam the nose down too hard and or repeatedly and it’s tube is bent, and the nose gear collapses, so while yes they are interconnected that doesn’t mean when excessive force is applied that they all move together.

A quick google of mooney nose gear collapse turned up more than I expected

50 minutes ago, KB4 said:

Sorry I am going to have to disagree too. Most of the time an extension tube bends easier or before it can move the other gears.