Location of Start Power fuse for annunciator indication

Marc_B

My start power indication isn't working (test button lights it so not a bulb) and I was looking over the Mooney wiring schematic and see that the Start Power wire on the annunciator (WD02D20) traces back to a fuse somewhere after the starter solenoid.  Not sure where that fuse would be located (engine compartment)?  I was going to take a look and try to track it down to check it...any chance any of you know where this fuse is located and what type of fuse it is??

Start power on annunciator à wire WD02D20 à clamp(shown below) pin 18 àWD02C20 à FUSE WD02B20 to starter solenoid WD01B20.

267643845_M20KStartPower.png.71f839be57b2d6943aa68b3ba8e466e1.png

image.png.5cd48adb5f030e8964eefd6eb93789eb.png

49 minutes ago, PT20J said:

I would expect the fuse to be near the solenoid to protect the wire to the annunciator. In my M20J, the solenoid is inside behind the circuit breaker panel. 

My SMM is gracious enough to tell me "The starter solenoid is located on the cabin side of the firewall" but there is a lot of stuff back there.  The IPC shows it pictorially, but not relative to anything else.  Is there any other documentation where I could have looked up the info you provided above?

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Fly Boomer said:

My SMM is gracious enough to tell me "The starter solenoid is located on the cabin side of the firewall" but there is a lot of stuff back there.  The IPC shows it pictorially, but not relative to anything else.  Is there any other documentation where I could have looked up the info you provided above?

I don't think so. I just noticed it when the panel was apart getting the new avionics installed. Fortunately, I never had to mess with it. One of the frustrating things about Mooneys is that it seems like every part I need to service was the first part they started adding other parts around when they built the airplane.

12 minutes ago, PT20J said:

I don't think so. I just noticed it when the panel was apart getting the new avionics installed. Fortunately, I never had to mess with it. One of the frustrating things about Mooneys is that it seems like every part I need to service was the first part they started adding other parts around when they built the airplane.

We used to say while working on certain parts under the hood of a car "you have to start disassembling at the tail light lens".

• Haha 1

To circle back around… the fuse for the start relay in the M20K Encore is in engine compartment under top cowl by firewall on left. WAY easier to access than buried behind the copilot side panel. Replaced the fuse and voila the start power indication on annunciator lights up with starter.

I really like easy victories. Too bad those aren’t the most common!! :P

DB2F13C2-D150-4DCC-9514-86CEFBE2E712.jpeg

28756FF8-1DEA-4EC1-80BF-6895B9A588F5.jpeg