Airwolf Remote Mount Oil Filter

Montreal

10 hours ago, Montreal said:

Any Bravo owners and or mechanics install Airwolf Remote Mount oil filter? Installation feedback experience appreciated. Thank you! 

If you still have the vacuum system on your Bravo, getting to the engine mounted oil filter can be tight. Without the vacuum pump it's a lot easier. The Bravo engine has so many oil lines (opportunities for leaks), I would hate to add any more with a remote oil filter. Personally I would put the cost of the Remote filter toward eliminating the vacuum system.

• Like 2

I agree with the comment that changing the oil filter with the vacuum system removed is much easier.  We have two GI-275's for the HSI and ADI and now oil changes aren't a big deal.  It also helps that I cut a piece of PVC in half (length ways) and set it under the oil filter to drain the oil out of it before unscrewing it.  Just poke a hole in the top of the oil filter with a screw driver and turn the filter 180 deg so it drains onto the PVC.  Works like a charm.

Oil Change.jpg

• Like 2