Removing Interior

0TreeLemur

I suspect that the left inboard fuel sender in our J is leaking so I need to remove the interior panels.   The logs say that the sidewall panels installed in 2017 were manufactured by Triumph Interiors.  Anyone else have these, and any recommendations for removing the LHS panel with minimum hassle/damage?

Thx.

Fred

Do you have any pictures of the panels? Usually interior refurbishers just repair and paint the Mooney plastic panels. Some cover them with synthetic leather. The Mooney panels are just attached with a lot of sheet metal screws. You have to remove the long padded trim strip which is held on with clips and just pulls off (unless someone has glued it on). Prying gently at the clip locations with a putty knife helps avoid damaging the plastic.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PT20J said:

Do you have any pictures of the panels? Usually interior refurbishers just repair and paint the Mooney plastic panels. Some cover them with synthetic leather. The Mooney panels are just attached with a lot of sheet metal screws. You have to remove the long padded trim strip which is held on with clips and just pulls off (unless someone has glued it on). Prying gently at the clip locations with a putty knife helps avoid damaging the plastic.

This is the best pic I have.   I think this might be a Spatial Interior, but not sure.

front_seats.jpg

This is the best pic I have.   I think this might be a Spatial Interior, but not sure.

front_seats.jpg.7d142d097defb224a60710242708452a.jpg

It is a Spatial Designs interior panel. They are attached with 3M Velcro.

69420ee7f80f017c8b6f35925c13ef56.jpg
Just peel them off and you’ll be able to get to the senders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Marauder said:

You’ll need to remove the window treatments first.

12 minutes ago, Marauder said:

It is a Spatial Designs interior panel. They are attached with 3M Velcro.

Just peel them off and you’ll be able to get to the senders.

Thanks!

I removed the interior panels many times in my C.   My question was specifically aimed at the lower panels, and how they might be fastened.   I appreciate your reply!

Thanks!
I removed the interior panels many times in my C.   My question was specifically aimed at the lower panels, and how they might be fastened.   I appreciate your reply!

Not sure why my second picture didn’t come through. The red circled items are the Velcro attachment points. 74bb027054af9e7a5267e3091d78d1c4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Thanks 1