Looking for a Corrosion X Sprayer in Central Florida

I am in the middle of the annual for my J model. I was getting ready to spray Corrosion X. I usually borrowed a sprayer from a friend who recently moved and took his tools with him. Does anyone know where I can rent one in central Florida? They are kind of pricy and I hate to spend that much on a tool I use only one every other year. Does anyone know of a different prayer I could use if I can't find one?

On 1/16/2023 at 6:15 PM, M20Doc said:

Thanks for the suggestion. I went on Amazon to buy one and found out that item can't  be shipped to used to my location (Florida). It is sold on the UK and apparently it cant to shipped to the USA.

2 hours ago, Speed Merchant said:

Thanks for the suggestion. I went on Amazon to buy one and found out that item can't  be shipped to used to my location (Florida). It is sold on the UK and apparently it cant to shipped to the USA.

It’s one of many on Amazon.  Search undercoating sprayer 

I bought a solvent siphon gun for this, but haven’t used it yet.

I had a gallon of Corrosion-X but it had disappeared?

So I guess I’ll have to buy another, but I suspect strongly that the Corrosion -X will have to be thinned with something, it’s about as thick as light oil and I don’t think that will atomize well, but I don’t know what you can thin Corrosion-X with.

Probably a better bet is to find someone here close to Central Fl that has the proper equipment and pay them. the full sprayer kit has different nozzles and sections of tubing that are at least 10’ long when put together. Idea I think is to remove wing tips and push the sprayer through lightning holes deep in the wing and spray it as the tubing is being drawn out.

I’m in Central Fl too, right by the Villages, South of Ocala. I’d be interested in getting mine done with yours if someone could be found, maybe get a small discount for two aircraft?

Oh, be real sure you don’t plan on any painting anytime soon if you do it.

CorrosionX https://www.corrosionx.com/collections/lubricants has several products.  They have a product called Rejex https://www.corrosionx.com/products/rejex?variant=30950851543136 that I would consider using on my airplane on leading edges especially and windshields.  Ceramic is probably better and lasts longer but Rejex can make surfaces very slick and hard to stick to and isn’t expensive.

I used both corrosion X and RejeX on my sailboat.

https://www.triconsprayers.com/collections/frontpage/products/o-1800-1-6-aviation-portable-1-liter-atomized-sprayer-system

I use this. This item is great. Doug helped me a lot with ordering (including military discount).

Unlikely ACF-50, the CorossionX is pretty thick stuff and the regular engine degreaser sprayer wont be able to make a foggy atomized cloud that expands into every corner of the inner space. 

I'm in Tampa if you need to use it.

Edited by ukrsindicat@yahoo.com
add

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2023 at 1:27 PM, ukrsindicat@yahoo.com said:

https://www.triconsprayers.com/collections/frontpage/products/o-1800-1-6-aviation-portable-1-liter-atomized-sprayer-system

I use this. This item is great. Doug helped me a lot with ordering (including military discount).

Unlikely ACF-50, the CorossionX is pretty thick stuff and the regular engine degreaser sprayer wont be able to make a foggy atomized cloud that expands into every corner of the inner space. 

I'm in Tampa if you need to use it.

That is awesome! Thank you very much for your generous offer. I would like to borrow your sprayer. I live in Vero Beach. I will have to drive, my bird is down for annual. I will not be back in town until Friday the 13th. I can drive over to Tampa on the 13th or over the weekend if that is better. I am retired so my schedule is open.  I am happy to meet yours. I appreciate your offer thank you. 

Regards

Curt

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/12/2023 at 12:10 PM, Ocalafly said:

If you haven't found someone that has a sprayer, drop me a PM. I purchased the unit back a while ago to do my plane every so often and am willing to let you use it.

Regards 

Nick

Thanks for the offer I just saw your post today. I ended up buying my own. I appreciate your offer to help.

Curt

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Alan Maurer said:

Mooney People, 

Reading about Corrosion X, is it safe to spray it around all the G1000 computers

that reside in the rear? Sounds like a good idea to use it!

Alan

I think that it us, but as it’s a pretty oily mess, I’d cover anything like the black boxes, even if it doesn’t hurt them, do you want them an oily mess?

Corrosion-X is like a thin weight motor oil, so ideally you want a very thin coat and I’d keep it off of the avionics shelf myself