Bravo Structural Manual needed

Greetings. A few months ago I posted that we had a left main gear collapse on landing. A bent push rod tube was found but we don’t know if that was a consequence or a cause. Nonetheless much of the major parts repairs are about to get underway but the repair shop can’t repair the sheet metal damage. We found a shop that specializes in aircraft sheet metal repair but they need a structural manual. Can anyone suggest where I might find one for a 1997 Bravo?  Thanks in advance. 

1 hour ago, N252MK said:

Greetings. A few months ago I posted that we had a left main gear collapse on landing. A bent push rod tube was found but we don’t know if that was a consequence or a cause. Nonetheless much of the major parts repairs are about to get underway but the repair shop can’t repair the sheet metal damage. We found a shop that specializes in aircraft sheet metal repair but they need a structural manual. Can anyone suggest where I might find one for a 1997 Bravo?  Thanks in advance. 

I don't know of a structural manual - maybe there is one. But Mooney could probably supply structural drawings if your shop contacted them.

• Like 1

The maintenance manual contains the material specs and gauges for the skins, which should be sufficient at least for skin replacement.  I don't believe there are explicit repair instructions that would be covered under general FAA guidance.  If it is simple skin replacement, then the shop can fabricate a new skin using the correct material, or order one from the factory.  Ditto if you need a rib or similar...find a good salvage example or order new.  If the repair is extensive and involves more than simple part replacement, then you'll likely need a DER.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, EricJ said:

For the shaped skins I think the factory still makes them to order.

Parts are still available from Mooney.  We were able to source both spars, stringers, nine ribs and both outer skins.  Some parts were in stock others had to be made by Mooney.

3 hours ago, N252MK said:

Chapter 51 of the maintenance manual contains structural repair info.  Here the contents page as an example

23660CF2-DD85-4408-816F-E7F220F40DD2.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Someone was kind enough to send me an electronic version of the maintenance manual, but I can't seem to locate that anymore nor can I find who was kind enough to forward that to me.

Might I ask that you send it to me again.

This time use: aeroncadoc@comcast.net if you can. That's the best contact for me.

Thanks so much.

Henry H

N355RZ@KPAE

1 hour ago, Henry Hochberg said:

Someone was kind enough to send me an electronic version of the maintenance manual, but I can't seem to locate that anymore nor can I find who was kind enough to forward that to me.

Might I ask that you send it to me again.

This time use: aeroncadoc@comcast.net if you can. That's the best contact for me.

Thanks so much.

Henry H

N355RZ@KPAE

sent a link to all of the M20M manuals