I can no longer attach a short video clip

6 hours ago, midlifeflyer said:

What kind of short video clip? Where it it hosted? You can't just upload it like a photo or still graphic. And not all hosts are supported.

I thought in the past I was able to take video with my phone and put it on Mooneyspace..

32 minutes ago, Jim Peace said:

I thought in the past I was able to take video with my phone and put it on Mooneyspace..

As long as I can remember, we've only been able to link to videos that are hosted on other sites, simply due to file size. Even in the deep dark days c. 2010, I had a 60-second landing video from an iphone [3?] that was 22MB long, and couldn't even be emailed. I popped it into Vimeo and just posted the link. Now, I have a 10-second takeoff video filmed with an iphone 13 and it's 17MB!

Server space is always limited, and free server space such as we have here is much more limited.

Just post your video somewhere, and drop a link. This usually means just copy the address bar from the video hosting site while your video is onscreen, and paste it into a message here. If you use one of the popular sites, it will automatically become a video capture with buried link.

Good luck! I'm now curious, and want to see your fine video!

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/5/2023 at 11:05 AM, Jim Peace said:

We had to stop video attachments.  We don't have the storage capacity with our hosting.  The only option is to use YouTube or some other video platform and embed the video in your post.  Our hosting plan is 250GB for the entire site and most video files are multiple GB on their own.