Today's flight for 2023

Final return leg of a trip to California, 37+ hours logged…note to self, weather can suck in December, especially in California.
First trip with new panel, the GFC 500 is solid but there’s a lot of gotchas with approaches. I’m going to need to practice with it, I needed to take over a couple of times.

61cdebb932126fef89f486b50e3ea9b9.jpg

• Like 2

@ragedracer1977 happened to be on the ramp taking vids of @N201MKTurbo flying his 310 and also caught me taking off.   It was a nice day to fly, and wound up being one of the busier and crazier ATC days at DVT, which is saying something.    I've never had to just circle over a reporting point waiting to get a word in edgewise before.    Did four laps north of the Carefree airport before I could even ask to get in.

• Like 5

Gusty with LLWS on the 21mm, 13min flight from linden to Caldwell, so that C&W can troubleshoot the GFC-500 IAS oscillations, apply the trim servo patch, check the batteries, change the oil, and address a few minor not squawks

59070A52-681A-4360-8385-17FF0319ECC7.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Winter Jet Streams are awesome!

I saw Fred’s 200+ kts in his new to him J further up the thread…. :)

Go Modern Day Sailors!

This is how Mooniacs travel X-country on a single tank of gas… all the way across the whole country, from sea to shining sea…  :)

It helps to have good winds aloft data on board…

I’m a big fan of flying past the big H on the weather chart… tail winds in both directions….

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

1 minute ago, carusoam said:

Way cool Ohd!

I met our flight chops guy at MooneySummit a few years ago….  :)

Best regards,

-a-

He promises me that he will put out an episode soon of that trip. There has been too much else he's filmed that has been time sensitive and the Mooney Summit trip has stayed on the backburner. I reminded him that that was 4 1/2 years ago :lol:

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, ohdub said:

I flew a few practice approaches today in my Mooney with Flight Chops as my safety pilot. Then we took his RV14 out and I got to fly it a bit. What an awesome airplane!

IMG_61611.jpg

20230123_150350.jpg

Very cool!   Flight Chops is one of my fave YT channels and I'm leaning more and more toward building an RV-14.   Definitely cool to see!

• Like 1

On 1/5/2023 at 11:04 PM, 0TreeLemur said:

First flight in our "new" J today!   Thanks to @Parker_Woodruff for providing a check ride!   Second flight ever in our new J was bringing her home from Longview to Alabama.  Man!  What a great flying day!

first_flight_J.jpg

I had a similar situation yesterday but with headwinds!!! average speed at 11,000 feet for a 4.5 hour flight 93 knots.... headwind 50kts. saw your post and felt that there is a better world!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...