Wood wing composition?

Butch

I have three of the original factory drawings for the wing..  One is for the preformed skin.  The drawing calls out for 1/16" and 1/8" thickness.  The thickness transitions at station 147.74.  You can see this location on the wing.  The face grain orientation is 45 degrees.  The note calls out for all plywood to conform with MIL-P-6070,  all plies poplar with option for face plies to be mahogany.   I attached the file.  I also have the spar drawing (very complex & difficult to read due to age)  Also have the overall plan sheet for the wing assembly.  Also the Mooney factory wood wing repair manual .. somewhere ...?  Joe

Mooney Wing Skin Dwg.pdf

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Greg Ellis said:

These photos are from a Mooney Mite.  Kind of a work of art (no pun intended), I think....

Mooney Mite Undercarriage.jpg

Mooney Mite Fuselage 2.jpg

Mooney Mite Vertical stabilizer.jpg

Mooney Mite Wing.jpg

I believe that it the “Naked Mite” the last one built but never flown.  Now is a museum in Texas.