PAINT & INTERIOR JOB

ArtCraft

We are ArtCraft Paint, Inc a paint shop in Santa Maria California an average price for a Mooney is between $ 15,000 and $ 15,500 for a complete stripp & paint job, one base color, two trim colors and 10hrs of body work. Buy also we do Leather Interiors for $ 16,000.

Do your Paint and Interior and we will top off your airplane.!!!!!!!

We have been painting Mooney’s since 1995, we are running a fall special price to celebrate our 15th year anniversary, bring your aircraft between Sep 28, 2009 and November 1st, 2009 and get 30% off.

Alittle less than a year ago I had my interior and side windows completely re-done.  I chose Airtex for the interior and Airmods (both in NJ) for the windows.

As far as the interior goes, this is what was done... Dodd's guys at AirTex installed a complete 100% Leather interior package at their Trenton NJ facility in just over 1 week. The interior consists of much more than recovered seats.  Thier package included, new door and baggage seals, polished door jams, complete sound proofing, 2 tone leather seats, front and rear, (leather seating surfaces, sides and backs), new carpets, repaired or replaced plastic bits covered with premium duraweave fabrics, refurbished seat belts, new dash pad and new headliner. The seat assemblies are completely overhauled with foam and padding replaced. Map pockets are stitched into both pilot and passenger sides and on the back of the front seats. Dodd at Airtex guarantees it to be better than new and says no money will change hands until the customer is 100% satisfied....needless to say I wasSmile   Not only did Dodd, take care of the plane interior, he was nice enough to pick me up and drop me off at the local train station.  His operation is top-notch!

OBTW, both Dodd (Airtex) and Steve (Air Mods) are great to work with. Both have been very friendly and helpful.
http://www.airtexinteriors.com/index.htm
http://www.airmodsandrepair.com/

The grand total for the interior was $7300.

« Last edit: Jun 11, 2009 11:14 AM by GeorgePerry»

George Perry
74 M20F

Attached Images

t_a0c02f883048721f507283f1b1284481.jpg

t_a0c074af3048721f504ff13b42232e44.jpg

t_a0c09f0a3048721f50cfed5d9a2ed5c8.jpg

t_a0c0f1803048721f5059be154697c689.jpg

t_a0c1a2af3048721f50e15517e69caba7.jpg

t_a0c234703048721f506ca16dc7d07311.jpg

This is the full post...It's in another thread that hasn't been active lately.  Answers all the questions....and yep the seats are very comfortable.  4+10 hr flight is the longest so far and I felt fine afterwards.

I just recently finished having my interior and side windows completely re-done.  I chose Airtex for the interior and Airmods (both in NJ) for the windows.

This is what was done...Airtex and AirMods did much more than just put in a 'new' interior. This was my plan: Since the old interior had to be stripped out anyway, I opted to also replace the windows while it was out and save a little on labor. Once the interior was stripped, the rear windows were replaced with 1/4in. tinted UV glass from LP. Got rid of the M20F 3 window scheme and went with the one piece "201 style" picture window. The only glass that wasn't replaced was the windshield; It's only a couple of years old and I plan on doing the 201 windshield mod next year so it would have been waistfull to replace it. Air Mods did all the window work. They are a Mooney Service center and the guys really know what they are doing. Check out thier reviews on http://www.airnav.com/airport/N87/AIR_MODS

AirTex installed the interior package at their Trenton facility. The interior consists of much more than recovered seats.  Thier package included, new door and baggage seals, polished door jams, complete sound proofing, 2 tone leather seats, front and rear, (leather seating surfaces, sides and backs), new carpets, repaired or replaced plastic bits covered with premium duraweave fabrics, refurbished seat belts, new dash pad and new headliner. The seat assemblies are completely overhauled with foam and padding replaced. Map pockets are stitched into both pilot and passenger sides and on the back of the front seats. Dodd at Airtex guarantees it to be better than new and says no money will change hands until the customer is 100% satisfied....needless to say I wasSmile   Not only did Dodd, take care of the plane interior, he was nice enough to pick me up and drop me off at the local train station.  His operation is top-notch!

OBTW, both Dodd (Airtex) and Steve (Air Mods) are great to work with. Both have been very friendly and helpful.
http://www.airtexinteriors.com/index.htm
http://www.airmodsandrepair.com/

The grand total for everything, glass, and interior is right at $10K ($2900 for the windows, $7300ish for the interior). It’s a lot, and I could have probably saved some money by doing it myself, but my time is worth more than I would have saved and the quality of work was undoubtedly better by letting professionals handle it.

Before and after weights revealed that I actually lost a whopping 2.3 lbs.  That's a rough swag since filling the tanks to the top (weights before and after) still induces some error.  Whatever 1970’s crap they took out must weight a lot more than the modern material,  soundproofing and ¼ glass they put in.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I think I got the best interior deal of all time $5,500.  My work was done by Andrei at New Life Upholstry in Venice, Ca.  Most of his 25 years of experience are in high end automotive...he's probably done only 10 planes.  This was an experiment for me that I went for after he did my friend's Mooney.  He did a phenominal job.  It included the following:

• Stripped the interior down to the frame and took all the plastic/seats/etc back to his shop.
  • Reenforced all cracked and thin plastic with fiberglass
  • Rebuilt the seat foam
  • Reupholstered the seats...2 tone with nice piping
  • Recarpeting thougout include cargo area, hat rack, kick panels, etc
  • Covered headliner in faux-suade (handed the detail around the overhead lights beautifully)
  • Two-tone side panels
  • Seat pockets

The job took a couple of weeks.  The quality of the job was impeccable though the air vent tubes were hung in such a way that cause some cabin air flow blockage...had this repaired at annual (he would have fixed it but I didn't bother).  I've got before and after pics in my photo album.

Artcraft - hopefully see you at the end of the year...1171P is wanting some new paint!

• 1 year later...

My E model is just finishing up in paint at ArtCraft in Santa Maria.  I put a little teaser photo in my gallery to show a bit of my beautiful colors.  I would highly recommend this shop.  Will let everyone know when the unveiling party is!