California fly-out February 2023

FlyingCanuck

Countdown to Watsonville (KWVI).  Two weeks for the Mooney fly-in on Sunday, Feb. 26.  Lunch at Ella's in the terminal building around noon.  Ramp talk, Mooney tales and Q&A's with airport personnel.  Look forward to seeing a bunch of Mooney minded people together.  Hope to see you there.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Skyland said:

Countdown to Watsonville (KWVI).  Two weeks for the Mooney fly-in on Sunday, Feb. 26.  Lunch at Ella's in the terminal building around noon.  Ramp talk, Mooney tales and Q&A's with airport personnel.  Look forward to seeing a bunch of Mooney minded people together.  Hope to see you there.

Looking forward to seeing lots of Mooneys there!

To be clear, the original talked about date for the Watsonville Mooney get-together was for this coming Sunday with a backup date of Feb. 26.  Being that I'm based in Watsonville I volunteered to organize some activities.  However, I'm traveling and won't be back until next week so I enlisted the backup date of Feb. 26.  Unfortunately, the weather forecast is looking much nicer for this weekend than the next.  Not much I can do about either the weather or my schedule so fingers crossed that the weather will be flyable for everyone on the 26th.

If anyone wants to make a command decision to change the date to this Sunday, feel free to do so and put out the word.  Let me know and I can help by calling the restaurant and the airport management.  Otherwise it's Feb. 26.

---Ken Chambers  4zero8-6zero5-97zero2

And, that would be the historic Giant Dipper wooden roller coaster.

https://beachboardwalk.com/rides/giant-dipper/

On 2/16/2023 at 5:17 PM, Skyland said:

To be clear, the original talked about date for the Watsonville Mooney get-together was for this coming Sunday with a backup date of Feb. 26.  Being that I'm based in Watsonville I volunteered to organize some activities.  However, I'm traveling and won't be back until next week so I enlisted the backup date of Feb. 26.  Unfortunately, the weather forecast is looking much nicer for this weekend than the next.  Not much I can do about either the weather or my schedule so fingers crossed that the weather will be flyable for everyone on the 26th.

If anyone wants to make a command decision to change the date to this Sunday, feel free to do so and put out the word.  Let me know and I can help by calling the restaurant and the airport management.  Otherwise it's Feb. 26.

---Ken Chambers  4zero8-6zero5-97zero2

And, that would be the historic Giant Dipper wooden roller coaster.

https://beachboardwalk.com/rides/giant-dipper/

Oh, man!  The Giant Dipper!  Great fun and great memories!  You all have fun!!:)

Edited by MooneyMitch

Watsonville KWVI this Sunday, Feb 26 for those who can make it. Weather looks to be a bit unsettled between winter storms so fly safe.  Hopefully the day will be clear enough to witness the predicted winter wonderland of all the Bay Area mountain ranges. A rare event for around here. I’ll be on the ramp welcoming people. Lunch around noon. 

• Like 1

Okay, weather is looking a bit nasty with low ceilings and rain for the Sunday fly in at Watsonville. However, tomorrow’s forecast shows nearly clear skies and dry. Added benefit of seeing all the snow topped mountains around the Bay Area.

So tomorrow it is, Saturday 2/25, Watsonville Mooney get together at noon. Lunch at Ella’s in the terminal building around 1. Sorry about the last minute change but given the weather conditions it’s the right thing to do.  Hope all those who were planning to come on Sunday can make it tomorrow instead. Looking forward to meeting all those who show up. Fly safe. 

Have a good time up there tomorrow!

Weather is actually worse on Saturday here in the southern SOCAL area with an inch of rain predicted with all the accompanying hazards.  But WVI is far enough away at 350nm we'd want to do it as a weekend trip anyway. Hopefully we'll see you all at another future one  So hope you enjoy it as much as we enjoyed Camarillo last time.

2 hours ago, kortopates said:

Have a good time up there tomorrow!

Weather is actually worse on Saturday here in the southern SOCAL area with an inch of rain predicted with all the accompanying hazards.  But WVI is far enough away at 350nm we'd want to do it as a weekend trip anyway. Hopefully we'll see you all at another future one  So hope you enjoy it as much as we enjoyed Camarillo last time.

Same problem here in the Central Coast. Overcast 018 and freezing level at 030 with rain forecast. Sorry to miss this - but let’s keep the repetition going with another one in April or sooner!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Skyland said:

Okay, weather is looking a bit nasty with low ceilings and rain for the Sunday fly in at Watsonville. However, tomorrow’s forecast shows nearly clear skies and dry. Added benefit of seeing all the snow topped mountains around the Bay Area.

So tomorrow it is, Saturday 2/25, Watsonville Mooney get together at noon. Lunch at Ella’s in the terminal building around 1. Sorry about the last minute change but given the weather conditions it’s the right thing to do.  Hope all those who were planning to come on Sunday can make it tomorrow instead. Looking forward to meeting all those who show up. Fly safe. 

Weather too marginal for even us from RHV.  We will miss today but looking forward to the next one!

The weather has been quite dynamic on the west coast the last few days. Was hoping today would work out. Nice at Watsonville now. Good for a short flight this morning, scattered clouds clearing out. I’m here at the restaurant if anybody shows up today. Let’s try another weekend soon. 

• Like 2