Century 41 Autopilot System

lakeclarkair

Hello, we have a Century 41 autopilot system. We sent two pitch servos to be repaired at Century but they lost them and I'm having a really hard time trying to find any on the market. 

#1C785-913P is the part number, 

Is there any alternative part # or other servo that would work or does anyone have one they are willing to sell?

Thank you for your time. 

6 hours ago, lakeclarkair said:

Hello, we have a Century 41 autopilot system. We sent two pitch servos to be repaired at Century but they lost them and I'm having a really hard time trying to find any on the market. 

#1C785-913P is the part number, 

Is there any alternative part # or other servo that would work or does anyone have one they are willing to sell?

Thank you for your time. 

I'm confused...why is it YOUR problem to find something THEY lost???

Is Century that irresponsible?

5 hours ago, LANCECASPER said:

I think I would travel to Mineral Wells, TX to see if I could help them find those servos.

Good idea as inconvenient as it sounds - if his plane is flyable. Years ago my J was undergoing an avionics upgrade when the shop changed ownership (without informing customers). The new owner couldn’t find my logs. I searched the building and found them myself. 

1 hour ago, MikeOH said:

I'm confused...why is it YOUR problem to find something THEY lost???

Is Century that irresponsible?

1 hour ago, goodyFAB said:

You know it’s bad when the manufacturer of the service can’t replace what they lost????

that’s insane 

Century is probably a lot like Mooney - struggling to survive on its last legs.  Everyone getting old and knowledge leaving rapidly or gone, no cash.  No longer building complete systems. Same with many others - Rocket Engineering owner is in his 70’s - in business but good luck getting them to answer the phone. I had them repair my engine mount last year - and yes they lost one of the parts of the mount.  They did search and found it - but untouched from the day it arrived- caused a month delay.  

However I am confused by your comment about 2 “pitch servos”. I have a Century 41 also with the installation manual. It indicates that there is one pitch servo and one roll servo. They serve different purposes, have different requirements and have different part numbers. 

I have a 14 volt J model. Neither of my servo part numbers match your servo number. What model and year Mooney do you have?

@RideOrFly said in November that he had a Century 41 coming off a J soon - I think it is 14 v…. FYI  

Thank you all for your replies, they pretty much hit us with the "take it up with UPS and leave us out of it" even though it was accepted by them. They either can't or won't replace our pitch servos. (It is truly an absolute pain to even be able to get in touch with them) 

You guys are correct in the fact that it's one pitch servo and one roll servo, but we have multiple planes running this autopilot system therefore we had extra to get repaired. I was just hoping to see if anyone knew anyone still running the Century 41 or had gotten it removed and was wanting to sell them because I've been scouring Partsbase and Ebay to possibly get even just one. 

I guess this is just the name of the game for older autopilot systems. 

Again, thank you all! 

Edited by lakeclarkair
Correction

@lakeclarkair, If you search Century 41 autopilot on ebay.com they have some servos listed.  Not sure if any of them will work for your applications since I don't have a Century Autopilot but it may be a place to start to find one.

Texas Air Salvage has one as well but not sure if it would work with your application.