OMG, I WANT this panel

Pinecone

12 minutes ago, Rick Junkin said:

I got a quote last week for almost that exact panel.

It will only cost me about 23% less than the current value of my airplane.

What a bargain.

Cheers,
Rick

Dude. Seriously. All the work on my new panel, which is nowhere near the one in the photo, will end up costing me 80% of the purchase price of my plane.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Sue Bon said:

Dude. Seriously. All the work on my new panel, which is nowhere near the one in the photo, will end up costing me 80% of the purchase price of my plane.

Yup. The quote for my "budget" config with the 750/650 replaced with a GNC375 and GNC255 is still north of $100K. I'm still collecting quotes.

Cheers,
Rick

I prefer to look out the window also.  Until there is nothing to see out there except the inside of a cloud or darkness. :D

When shopping what to do, I got quotes for 4 shops.

Add G3X with EIS, 10 inch only.  Add GFC500 with Yaw.  Add new Audio Panel (Garmin or PS).   All of them came in about $50K - $55K

And I already had the GTN650, G5, and GTX345.

Adding the GTN750Xi and the second 7 inch screen is about $25K in hardware, plus install.  And it seems that install these days is about the same as the hardware price.  

So, I am estimating a bit over $100K to take my plane to that panel.   Hmm, what is the lottery up to now????? :D

2 minutes ago, kortopates said:

You mean the missing compass deviation card that the plane is un-airworthy without? Yeah, noticed that as well.....

yup ... two parts to my reply

i legitimately never saw a compass on the panel like that and wonder what the deviations are lile

lots of the panels we see pictures of are uncompliant from a placards / markings standpoint (it used to be the usual ding "item" for the unlikely ramp check - not sure if that still the case).  I usually refrain form pointing to an un-airworthiness item, but IMHO, a good label maker is a great investment for any aircraft owner.   

16 minutes ago, ArtVandelay said:

Clearly there’s more to it than that…a 375 and 255 are only $14K?

Yes, sorry Tom, I meant the quote was for the entire panel in the first post of this thread with the 375/255 substituted for the 750/650.

Cheers,
Rick

Yes, sorry Tom, I meant the quote was for the entire panel in the first post of this thread with the 375/255 substituted for the 750/650.
Cheers,
Rick

In that case I would expect a competitive quote to be $80K or so, assuming you wanted dual G3X,GFC 500, audio panel. I use the old rule of thumb; total hardware cost + 50% for labor, which may not work in this inflationary era.

1 minute ago, ArtVandelay said:

In that case I would expect a competitive quote to be $80K or so, assuming you wanted dual G3X,GFC 500, audio panel. I use the old rule of thumb; total hardware cost + 50% for labor, which may not work in this inflationary era.

Labor was roughly 50% of the first quote I got. I put two other requests out today so I’ll see how they pan out.

A little over a year ago: G3X, G5, AV-20S, PMA 450B, GTN 650Xi, GNC 255, GFC 500 (w/o yaw), Guardian 451 CO det, CiES fuel senders, new panel. I had the GTX 345. $50K parts, $31.5K labor. The wiring was so nice I hated to put the glare shield back on. I saved a bit on the labor by removing and reinstalling the interior myself. The hole beneath the G5 has since been filled with the backordered Smart Glide button. Note the compass correction card, Paul :).

1575671723_N355DTNewPanel.JPG.5f37967b4b076384f232d6837221639a.JPG

• Like 6

A little over a year ago: G3X, G5, AV-20S, PMA 450B, GTN 650Xi, GNC 255, GFC 500 (w/o yaw), Guardian 451 CO det, CiES fuel senders, new panel. I had the GTX 345. $50K parts, $31.5K labor. The wiring was so nice I hated to put the glare shield back on. I saved a bit on the labor by removing and reinstalling the interior myself. The hole beneath the G5 has since been filled with the backordered Smart Glide button. Note the compass correction card, Paul .

indeed! cool you also got the Guardian CO detector! Now all you need is the faux leather covered glareshield to set it all off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, PT20J said:

A little over a year ago: G3X, G5, AV-20S, PMA 450B, GTN 650Xi, GNC 255, GFC 500 (w/o yaw), Guardian 451 CO det, CiES fuel senders, new panel. I had the GTX 345. $50K parts, $31.5K labor. The wiring was so nice I hated to put the glare shield back on. I saved a bit on the labor by removing and reinstalling the interior myself. The hole beneath the G5 has since been filled with the backordered Smart Glide button. Note the compass correction card, Paul :).

And to think, at one time, not so long ago, a needle/ball and airspeed and a watch was all we needed to get from point A to point B....

Very nice looking panel!!!!  Well done.

A little over a year ago: G3X, G5, AV-20S, PMA 450B, GTN 650Xi, GNC 255, GFC 500 (w/o yaw), Guardian 451 CO det, CiES fuel senders, new panel. I had the GTX 345. $50K parts, $31.5K labor. The wiring was so nice I hated to put the glare shield back on. I saved a bit on the labor by removing and reinstalling the interior myself. The hole beneath the G5 has since been filled with the backordered Smart Glide button. Note the compass correction card, Paul .

I guess it’s official, gray panels are in style. :-)

We have the exact same boxes. But note the design differences based on personal preference, this is something you don’t get if you just buy an airplane with already updated panel.