ForeFlight Flight Planning Winds Aloft

M20F

I just sent off an email to FF.  I didn't notice it in Oct when I did a big circle X-US trip.  But mine are stopping too and I'm guessing it's a BUG in one of the recent updates.

I plugged in a 587nm trip (VFR Direct just to see) and the winds stopped at 16,500.  Not that I like to go into the FLs, but sometimes the winds make it worth wearing the mask.

• Like 1

Just now, Culver LFA said:

It is based off of the aircraft you have selected

No, appears there is a BUG.  I've got a K, so I can get above 17K, but no winds are shown for me either.

Most common reason is because of the length of the flight, so I wonder if there's an issue with how FF is calculating the distance.  It may just stop calculating based on some set max number and not on the actual distance of the flight.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Culver LFA said:

I believe it is based off of the aircraft you have selected, my M20F shows the winds aloft down low but if I change to the CJ it goes up into the flight levels

I have a custom profile because I have a RayJay.  

6 minutes ago, M20F said:

I have a custom profile because I have a RayJay.  

I’m going to ask an obvious question that I’d guess you’ve probably already checked but - did you double check your aircraft profile to see what you have set for the maximum ceiling under Altitudes? I noticed some minor changes in my aircraft profiles with some of the updates in the last year or so.

Where are you seeing the limited winds aloft? In the FPL edit mode or somewhere else?

Cheers,
Rick

4 hours ago, PeteMc said:

Interesting, maybe it was a Server issue and not with the App.  Mine is still not working, but I'll check again later.

It was working on the standard profile yesterday but not my custom one.  Today it worked on both.  I just checked and back to not working on the custom profile.  So something is afoot.