ETA Rocker Switch

Pinecone

I know that there used to be a 3D print model for the rocker part of the ETA switches, but it seems to have been removed.

I have a friend (also pilot) who is big into 3D printing.  If I can get him an undamaged one, he will model it and either supply them or supply the print file.

AFAIK, the template will be returned unharmed.

Thanks.

On 12/3/2022 at 12:31 PM, PeteMc said:

Or maybe a full set of replacement of switch covers in the donators color of choice? :D

And these are for the newer ETA switch covers, correct?  If you're looking for the Klixon switch cover, @AH-1 Cobra Pilot is (was?) making them.

Yes, I still make the Klixon switch covers.  I do not have a CAD file for the ETA switch covers, nor do I have a cover, so I have never made any of those.

For the ones I make, the post-processing is a big deal, much more than just the printing.  I paint them, then laser engrave the lettering.

Right now, I am printing something new and will have pictures posted soon.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Pinecone said:

That is why I am trying to get a good (not broken) ETA switch cover, it get a CAD file done, so we have a source for them.

But no one seems to have a spare one to donate for a short period.

There are usually some for sale on eBay.

1 hour ago, Pinecone said:

Also check with your mechanic.  I know mine has a box of random switches and switch caps. 

I probably won't be back over there until Jan.  But if you're still looking after the holidays, shoot me a reminder and I'll ask him.

2 hours ago, Pinecone said:

That is why I am trying to get a good (not broken) ETA switch cover, it get a CAD file done, so we have a source for them.

I bought some of those ETA switch covers from Shapeways and I still have a couple left.  They do fit perfectly on the switches.  I can send you one if you need?

I wish I knew something about CAD, I keep trying to learn it, but whenever I start my brain explodes and I wake up a few hours later :rolleyes:

Edited by jaylw314

3 hours ago, hubcap said:

Myrtle is presently getting a complete panel upgrade. We are replacing all the switches. I will be happy to provide you with what you are looking for if I have it. Myrtle is a 1982 K model.

Thanks.  You do have ETA?

One is on it way to be models, but is needed, I will reach out for another one.

Are you putting rockers back in?  I have been thinking about going to toggle switches when I do a panel upgrade.

3 minutes ago, Pinecone said:

Are you putting rockers back in?  I have been thinking about going to toggle switches when I do a panel upgrade.

Just remember that those are circuit breaker switches, so you need to either find a different breaker/switch or install breakers with the new switches. 

1 hour ago, Pinecone said:

We are planning on putting toggle switches back in their place...and yes breakers.

1 hour ago, PT20J said:

Just remember that those are circuit breaker switches, so you need to either find a different breaker/switch or install breakers with the new switches. 

Yes, but thanks for the reminder.

Do they make toggle switch breakers?  Or would you need to put in separate breakers?

14 minutes ago, Pinecone said:

Yes, but thanks for the reminder.

Do they make toggle switch breakers?  Or would you need to put in separate breakers?

Someone must make them — It seems pretty common for Cessnas to have one for an avionics master. 

I tried printing switch covers in Glo-in-the-Dark ABS filament.  They printed well, but the glow is too weak.  I also printed some in PLA, which has much better glow, but will not survive cockpit summer heat adequately.

I also just discovered I cannot post photos, since my attachments are at 137%, whatever that means. ???

Edited by AH-1 Cobra Pilot