EDM 830 Fuel Quantity

FlyWalt

I have a newly installed 830 and am still learning it. One issue I am coming up with is on boot up it asks if I’ve refueled. I say yes and then it instantly shows 50 gallons onboard and offers to let me adjust. I try to adjust to full tank which is 72 gallons. But it will only allow me to adjust up by 13.9 gallons. Any thoughts?

ive tried to find the reset if this perimeter in the install guide but can’t find the setting.

Thanks in advance,

W

3 hours ago, FlyWalt said:

I have a newly installed 830 and am still learning it. One issue I am coming up with is on boot up it asks if I’ve refueled. I say yes and then it instantly shows 50 gallons onboard and offers to let me adjust. I try to adjust to full tank which is 72 gallons. But it will only allow me to adjust up by 13.9 gallons. Any thoughts?

ive tried to find the reset if this perimeter in the install guide but can’t find the setting.

Thanks in advance,

W

In the setup is there is a field for what #of gallons to to fill up when you say yes to "refuel" so that it says 72 gallons instead of 50; which I assume is the default setting till you correct it. You should be able to adjust your fuel quantity up or down by each 1/10 of gallon by touching the add/subtract button. Refer to your Pilot Guide but my memory is that holding the button down will add fuel and short presses will subtract fuel. If its only allowing you to add up to 13.9 on top of 50 gal starting, perhaps there are two fields you need to set - a default value when you say Yes to Refuel and a separate Fuel capacity to 72 gal. But all this detail is in your JPI EDM 830 Pilot Guide; also found on their website.

Edited by kortopates
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, FlyWalt said:

Thanks in advance,

W

You need to go to the factory setup menu (hold both buttons and check the manual).  Leave your MAIN tank as 50 gal, and change your AUX tank to 22 gallons.  That should do it.

You need to go to the factory setup menu (hold both buttons and check the manual).  Leave your MAIN tank as 50 gal, and change your AUX tank to 22 gallons.  That should do it.

Nah, that would result in every fill up turning into a two step refuel operation: first “refuel” to 50, then go back into set up to Add another 22 gal.
there are no “tabs” for 50, so why make it so complicated? The Aux tank is meant for when you have extended tanks.
Just change the setting so the refuel is to full tanks, any other fill just use the add button to add the number of gallons. Either one is a single refill step.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, kortopates said:

Nah, that would result in every fill up turning into a two step refuel operation: first “refuel” to 50, then go back into set up to Add another 22 gal.
there are no “tabs” for 50, so why make it so complicated? The Aux tank is meant for when you have extended tanks.
Just change the setting so the refuel is to full tanks, any other fill just use the add button to add the number of gallons. Either one is a single refill step.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, I forgot there are no tabs in some models, I wasn't sure what model @FlyWalt has :) 

Although you don't need to go back into the setup menu, on startup at the "Refuel?" prompt, you just tap the "change" (right) button one more time to select MAIN + AUX before pressing the "save" (left) button.  The "change" button cycles between MAIN, MAIN + AUX and manual adjustment.  Handy for those who do have tabs :) 

Edited by jaylw314

1 hour ago, FlyWalt said:

Gentlemen,

Thank you for the assistance. We have this issue figured out. In the setup, the standard default is 50 gallons. I have raised to 72. So far I love this EDM 830.

Fly Safe,

W

I currently have a EDM 800, my avionics guy has a used 830 he is going to swap in, hopefully next week.    I'm excited to get the bigger screen and lots of parameters displayed simultaneously.   

If you have tabs or separate tanks or some way to partially refuel to a certain level, you can set a tab level and a full level.

Since my Monroy tanks are interconnected, I just set the 830 to have a Full level.  Otherwise, I input the actual amount added.