Panel light fuse location, 1978 20J ?

Ross Statham

Sorry if this one has been answered before, but does anyone in the brain trust know where the fuse is for the brow lights for a 1978 20J?  I was replacing one of the bulbs and apparently shorted things out. Breaker is intact but circuit is dark.  According to the schematic, there is also a fuse in the circuit. I have been unable to locate it so far, and if any of you smart folks know where it is, I’d be most appreciative.

I took the glareshield off so that I could better deal with the bulbs, and it is definitely not there. Nor can I see it close to the pot either.

ideas?

Sorry if this one has been answered before, but does anyone in the brain trust know where the fuse is for the brow lights for a 1978 20J?  I was replacing one of the bulbs and apparently shorted things out. Breaker is intact but circuit is dark.  According to the schematic, there is also a fuse in the circuit. I have been unable to locate it so far, and if any of you smart folks know where it is, I’d be most appreciative.
I took the glareshield off so that I could better deal with the bulbs, and it is definitely not there. Nor can I see it close to the pot either.
ideas?

I don’t know if the fuse location changed on the 78 models from where they were on the 77 Js. They went from a quadrant to vernier control and may have moved it.

They were located directly under the radio stack on a metal plate.

7aada51720718a89a9338dd9339b1b1f.jpg
2c8fe9b6b7cf7ba57425b5a4e16dcbac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Found the blown fuse, after looking three days.  They’d been moved.  Once we found the transistors they were protecting, fuses were mounted upside down close by.  Ordered a fuse and a spare from Newark Electronics, who had a decent price.  $20 each plus shipping.

Thanks again everyone!  

Ross

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Got a message asking for details about the replacement fuse.  Here are the details:

Ordered from https://www.newark.com, SKU 19K5343.  They show it as an Eaton Electronics manufacturer part number GMW-5.  I paid $20.02 plus shipping.

Hope this helps, y'all!.....Ross

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Ross Statham said:

Got a message asking for details about the replacement fuse.  Here are the details:

Ordered from https://www.newark.com, SKU 19K5343.  They show it as an Eaton Electronics manufacturer part number GMW-5.  I paid $20.02 plus shipping.

Hope this helps, y'all!.....Ross

Thanks for doing the leg work!   Glad they are still available.