Criteria for removing topics

Shadrach

Is there a previous thread or document outlining the criteria for deleting topics?  I’ve seen threads locked and I have seen them disappeared. To be clear, I am not complaining…it’s more curiosity. I greatly appreciate any insight into the policy and process behind these decisions.

thanks in advance!

I used to moderate Cruisers Forum, the largest forum for boat cruising.

‘Our criteria was anyone being nasty would get their post removed and them acquiring a “strike” three and you win a temp ban

Usually though what made threads go away was anything having to do with illegal activity, like maybe how to smuggle your gun through customs, where to hide it, even bore inserts for you flare gun so they could shoot bullets etc.

The thought was if allowed that the forum owner who was a Brazilian citizen FWIW could be liable.

Thing we should think about is the any forum of social media is NOT a free speech environment, they are owned by individuals who are allowed to censure what they want to.

I know people don’t like that, but face book or whatever can remove any of your posts they want to, ban you or whatever, First Amendment doesn’t play on forums or social media