Donations to Mooneyspace - Getting Supporter Status

mooniac58

Hello all,

I figured I should update the 7 year old topic regarding donations to Mooneyspace and how to upgrade your membership to "Supporter" status since there has been some confusion regarding this shared with me lately.

Anyone that makes a donation of $10 or more will get Supporter status on the site for 12 months.   While $10 is the minimum more is always appreciated!  The average donation is $25 which seems to support the site nicely. In the past year we upgraded the hosting package to a dedicated virtual server at a 400% increase in hosting costs and the forum software we use has raised their subscription pricing many times over the years.  However, we have kept the same $10 minimum donation since 2009.

Supporter level will give you:

• No ads on the website - note that you will still see ads when using Tapatalk as that is separate software from our forums.
  • Ability to post in our classified sections to list personal aircraft/parts/items for sale.  Note that this is *only* for personal items and we do not allow businesses to use the forums as a sales platform.
  • 5x Increased storage space for uploads such as attachments in your posts (1GB vs 200MB)

To donate you can use THIS LINK.  If you wish to mail a check or if the link does not work please send me a message on the site for my address or direct PayPal email address.

I would like to give a BIG thanks to all of the members here that have supported Mooneyspace over the past 13+ years.  It would never have been possible without YOU!

Craig 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

• 4 weeks later...

I find this to be the case on a lot of web forums.  Some have a google search embedded in the site, which kind of works.  The hardest part of using a forum’s native search for me is the correct syntax of the search including all words, any words, words in a particular order, specific areas, etc.

I believe that google and Bing are very, very good at discerning a user’s intent in a search, perhaps with some cookie or history hints.  I just specify the site in a google search eg: “Mooney Acclaim site:mooneyspace.com”

1 hour ago, exM20K said:

I believe that google and Bing are very, very good at discerning a user’s intent in a search, perhaps with some cookie or history hints.  I just specify the site in a google search eg: “Mooney Acclaim site:mooneyspace.com”

^^^THIS^^^.  For @Schllc the vendor of the forum software cannot duplicate the capabilities of Google -- if they could, they would be Google, and not selling forum software.  Might be possible to incorporate Google Search into their software, but then you have to pay Google for that.  It's just about as easy to go to Google and type "site:mooneyspace.com mooney acclaim", and it's cheaper.

20 hours ago, exM20K said:

I find this to be the case on a lot of web forums.  Some have a google search embedded in the site, which kind of works.  The hardest part of using a forum’s native search for me is the correct syntax of the search including all words, any words, words in a particular order, specific areas, etc.

I also find a Google site: search useful on many websites with weak search capabilities.

Just the way it is... 

Well, I didn’t suspect it would be easy, or they would have already done it….  
However, I have some experience with foxpro, and Visual Basic, and the finite amount of data on the site begs for a simpler way to search with in the subset. 
I don’t want anyone to interpret this as bashing the site. 
I’m thankful for the resource and willingness of all the participants to help others. 
My knowledge is limited, but I do what I can when I have something to offer. 
I don’t know of a site as responsive and thorough for any other plane genre..

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, mooneyflyer said:

I DONATED yesterday to MooneySpace as I do every year, but I am still getting ads.

How do I get this fixed?

Sometimes payments come in… but their ID does not match the screen name…

So, if it’s been a day or two… send a message to @mooniac58 letting him know what you did… a way for him to find your payment…

Then look for the supporter badge to show… and the ads to disappear.

:)

Go MS!

PP thoughts only, not a web site manager…

Best regards,

-a-

23 hours ago, mooneyflyer said:

I DONATED yesterday to MooneySpace as I do every year, but I am still getting ads.

How do I get this fixed?

I am not finding this donation anywhere.  Could you please contact me at using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the website?

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/11/2023 at 9:00 PM, 201Mooniac said:

Is there a way to tell the last time you donated?  I'd like to make sure I don't go too long without contributing.

1) the ads suddenly appear the day the subscription runs out…

2) Your PayPal account shows the last payment…

Methods I have used in the past…

:)

Best regards,

-a-

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just re-upped. Not having seen many ads the last few years, they are now quite unbearable on my phone but manageable on the big screen. Now I'm looking forward to them being gone again.

P.S.--yes, Craig @mooniac58, Eclectic is a real place! It's right here in Sweet Home, just around the corner of the Lake from Equality where some friends live.

I just donated, mostly because I am looking to sell N133DB, but my account is still “basic” user.  When will it upgrade so I can post in the classified section?  133DB is probably the nicest J on the planet, so hoping a real Mooney pilot will want her.

Thanks Mike

• 2 weeks later...