Bravo with TKS, did they make like 12

bknight

I’m kidding of course, Trying to find a nice Bravo with TKS that was loved with no corrosion. Does anyone know how many were made. Is it a needle in a haystack? Have been looking for about 3 months, If anyone can help please message me.

if this isn’t the right area to ask please let me know. Getting back to a Mooney after 20 years of trying different airplanes.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been watching Mooney listings for a while and they seem to come in waves. When I bought my C in August, there were like 6 Bravos with FIKI TKS listed, now there are hardly any Bravos at all. Be patient.

I know of a Bravo with TKS and AC available near Kerrville. The useful load on it is about what you'd expect though...

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

@bknight, You are in luck.  There are three for sale on controller.com. There is one for sale in Canada and one for sale by GMax American Aircraft which is Don Maxwell's and Jimmy Garrison's group in Texas and one for sale in Kerrville, Texas.

1996 MOONEY M20M BRAVO For Sale in Longview, Texas | Controller.com

2004 MOONEY M20M DX BRAVO For Sale in Kerrville, Texas | Controller.com

1990 MOONEY M20M BRAVO For Sale in Thompson, Manitoba | Controller.com

If you end up buying any of these, I'll send you my address for the finder's fee. :D

That's indeed funny.  The Bravo sits right on the edge of the single engine piston performance curve.  C210 and a few Bonanzas are in there too....with their own trade offs.   Of course you could get a Cirrus with similar performance to a Bravo, but double the price.

32 minutes ago, bknight said:

Yes, I have on the list Encores and 252's. TKS is tough to find on them. 

Thanks,

You did not specify if you want inadvertent TKS or FIKI TKS.  I think the Encores were the only mid-bodies with FIKI option.  

27 minutes ago, bknight said:

You are correct. I would be happier with fiki but would take non.

There’s this one in southern Ontario, as well @pkofman might be worth chatting with, he muses of moving up.

https://www.apexaircraft.com/inventory/?/listing/for-sale/214242079/1993-mooney-m20m-bravo-piston-single-aircraft?dlr=1&accountcrmid=617470&settingscrmid=617471

Well given that I was mentioned. I do have a  bravo m20m fiki and it is a beautiful plane @M20Doc knows my plane well.  But it is just as hard to move up from here as acclaim “s” models are another rarity! Particularly those with fiki ( I would only buy a fiki airplane based upon where I live also looking for as much connectivity as I have in my bravo.  But then again I will talk potential purchases with enthusiasm and I’m hoping something comes of my most recent chats with a few potential sellers.  However I am in canada and I will not look at anything newer than a 2018 which is in itself a shame.  Reach out directly if you wish to chat. 

When I was shopping for my TKS Mooney I rejected non-FIKI ones. Fortunately there was more choice 5 years ago but good ones were still scarce. I figured if I was going to pay the cost in speed, weight, and maintenance it may as well be FIKI. It’s not like it saves any money to get non-FIKI.

• Like 2