Just started flying a k model… Is the juice worth the squeeze??

Alan Fox

1 hour ago, geoffb said:

there are plenty of examples to the contrary.

And what's wrong with a G model?

expect they left out an important part of the discussion….

On a scale of 0 - 10….

All Mooneys are in the 9 to 10 category….

Depending on the individual’s mission… some Mooneys score lower than others…  personal opinions at work…

The M20G is a great way to get the mid body volume, with the carburetor’s simplicity….

But, if your goal is all out speed…. The M20G only scores a 9.0…  :)

Often referred to as the turtle of Mooneys…

Realistically, still way faster than brands b and c flying behind the same engine…

All in the context….  

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

On 11/27/2022 at 5:07 PM, M20F said:

Hard to say which was a worse airplane the Statesman or the 231.  Certainly takes a new engine, intercooler, and a host of other things to allow it to fly more hours in a year than sit in the shop.  If you want to jump into the world of turbo Mooney’s start with the 252.

Is your opinion of the 231 based on personal ownership, or something you read on the internet?

I am genuinely curious because I couldn't be happier with my 231.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hubcap said:

Is your opinion of the 231 based on personal ownership, or something you read on the internet?

I am genuinely curious because I couldn't be happier with my 231.

Yeah, me too. You have to learn how to run the engine but the maintenance is pretty good. Now, if it was the factory 231 with the GB I can’t speak to that.

On 11/30/2022 at 7:04 AM, Pinecone said:

Would you turn done a 9?  In EITHER category????? :D

Also true for whisky and beer. :D

Depends on attitude some are easy going others you have to fight like hell to get them to do what you want them to do even if they are a 9 or a 10.  — sometimes the juice is not worth the squeeze. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Fly Boomer said:

Power can push you up the scale for sure, and the most common form of power is money.

I know, when we were living on the boat if I went through S Fl there was no end to OLD men on their big buck Sportfishermen with two young bikini clad women on his arm.

Thing is many had such ego’s they didn’t think they were there for the money. I guess money doesn’t make you smarter 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, A64Pilot said:

I know, when we were living on the boat if I went through S Fl there was no end to OLD men on their big buck Sportfishermen with two young bikini clad women on his arm.

Thing is many had such ego’s they didn’t think they were there for the money. I guess money doesn’t make you smarter 

So true.

Bottom line, you pay one way or another.