M20K TIT and CDT Sensor/Probe Sources

Guys,

It looks like the probes on my CDT and TIT are both belly up.  I chased up the Mooney part numbers and a few alternatives.  From what I could find KS Aviation offered a cost effective solution. I contacted them today and they aren't in production due to supply chain issues and aren't sure if they will go back into production.  Does anyone have any alternative sources?  Here's what I've dug up on part numbers:  

Description         Mooney Part #           QTY      Notes

TIT sensor            880055-505                   1         Alternate part numbers Alcor 86309, KS Avionics A002C-30
CDT sensor          880006-501                   1        

Thanks a ton, 

Aaron

• 1 month later...

Very good idea.  I have a call in to JPI - they are busy today.  The factory Mooney TIT probe is a little unique in that it's and ungrounded probe with a higher resistance of 1.6 ohms (most probes I see are less than 1.0).  I hope JPI can help.

1 hour ago, 231MJ said:

Thanks, Paul.  Confirmed by JPI.  Got any other ideas?

Buy a jpi 711 engine monitor with jpi probe probably cheaper than the mooney probe and it’s certified primary for the tit. It’s a 2.5 inch gauge so fits in the same hole as the tit or clock etc. 

Buy a jpi 711 engine monitor with jpi probe probably cheaper than the mooney probe and it’s certified primary for the tit. It’s a 2.5 inch gauge so fits in the same hole as the tit or clock etc. 
That doesn't solve his CDT issue which is part of the factory TIT gauge.

• 3 weeks later...

KS is still in business.  I went there last week to get my probe back.  He even tested it and confirmed it was still functional.  He's in poor health and would like to sell the business (Dynon was going to buy it and then backed out).  It's worth a try - call him because his wife does answer the phone.  It might work out - or keep checking ebay.  

• 1 month later...

Yes, KS Avionics is officially out of business.  I have been waiting them for over six months for a TIT and CDT probe and they just let me know that they are now (2 March 2023) are unable to complete the order.  The best I could understand from Pat or Bill is that a company called Hoses-Unlimited has purchased the rights to make the probes.  So far I have not found the company.  I'm still hunting and will let all know if I fine any probes.

1 hour ago, KWSmith said:

Yes, KS Avionics is officially out of business.  I have been waiting them for over six months for a TIT and CDT probe and they just let me know that they are now (2 March 2023) are unable to complete the order.  The best I could understand from Pat or Bill is that a company called Hoses-Unlimited has purchased the rights to make the probes.  So far I have not found the company.  I'm still hunting and will let all know if I fine any probes.

How about https://www.hoses-unlimited.com/

Second hit on my search engine.  Can it be that simple?  They don't appear to be an aviation company.

• 1 month later...

KS Avionics has been purchased and moved to North Canton , Oho. We are in the process of getting everything retooled and up and running. There are a limited number of of probes now available and the availability will be increased as we can get the different lines set up. Bill and Pat ran a quality operation, and we will maintain that level of quality.

We have been in the aerospace industry for over 40 years and presently supply NASA, SpaceX and Blue Origin with specialty applications and general aviation at AircraftHoseStore.com

There will be a slight delay in orders but hope to be up to 100% soon.

KSAVIONICS.com

7804 Freedom Ave. N.W.

Noeth Canton, Ohio 44720

Don Trizzino 330-495-5555 or Mike Helfer 330-495-8490

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Don Trizzino said:

KS Avionics has been purchased and moved to North Canton , Oho. We are in the process of getting everything retooled and up and running. There are a limited number of of probes now available and the availability will be increased as we can get the different lines set up. Bill and Pat ran a quality operation, and we will maintain that level of quality.

We have been in the aerospace industry for over 40 years and presently supply NASA, SpaceX and Blue Origin with specialty applications and general aviation at AircraftHoseStore.com

There will be a slight delay in orders but hope to be up to 100% soon.

KSAVIONICS.com

7804 Freedom Ave. N.W.

Noeth Canton, Ohio 44720

Don Trizzino 330-495-5555 or Mike Helfer 330-495-8490

Thanks for the heads up, and welcome to MooneySpace!  Come visit as often as you can.

• 3 months later...
On 1/5/2023 at 8:50 AM, Pinecone said:

And it makes a lot of sense to spend 3 AMU, plus install to avoid buying a $540 probe. :)

It makes perfect sense to every real pilot on this forum, just don’t tell my girl. 

On 1/2/2023 at 7:21 AM, 231MJ said:

Aaron,

Did you ever find an alternative to the Alcor TIT probe?  I've been working with KS Avionics but no luck so far.  The Alcor probe in now $540 at Spruce...crazy.

I talked to KS Avionics yesterday and it looks like they have a TIT probe available for at a reasonable price point.  If I can dig up the specs for the CDT it sounds like they can make them too.  Anyone have the print for the CDT?  I hear it's a thermistor and not a thermocouple.