M20K TIT and CDT Sensor/Probe Sources

Guys,

It looks like the probes on my CDT and TIT are both belly up.  I chased up the Mooney part numbers and a few alternatives.  From what I could find KS Aviation offered a cost effective solution. I contacted them today and they aren't in production due to supply chain issues and aren't sure if they will go back into production.  Does anyone have any alternative sources?  Here's what I've dug up on part numbers:  

Description         Mooney Part #           QTY      Notes

TIT sensor            880055-505                   1         Alternate part numbers Alcor 86309, KS Avionics A002C-30
CDT sensor          880006-501                   1        

Thanks a ton, 

Aaron

• 1 month later...

Aaron,

Did you ever find an alternative to the Alcor TIT probe?  I've been working with KS Avionics but no luck so far.  The Alcor probe in now $540 at Spruce...crazy.

Very good idea.  I have a call in to JPI - they are busy today.  The factory Mooney TIT probe is a little unique in that it's and ungrounded probe with a higher resistance of 1.6 ohms (most probes I see are less than 1.0).  I hope JPI can help.

1 hour ago, 231MJ said:

Thanks, Paul.  Confirmed by JPI.  Got any other ideas?

Buy a jpi 711 engine monitor with jpi probe probably cheaper than the mooney probe and it’s certified primary for the tit. It’s a 2.5 inch gauge so fits in the same hole as the tit or clock etc. 

Buy a jpi 711 engine monitor with jpi probe probably cheaper than the mooney probe and it’s certified primary for the tit. It’s a 2.5 inch gauge so fits in the same hole as the tit or clock etc. 
That doesn't solve his CDT issue which is part of the factory TIT gauge.

• 3 weeks later...

KS is still in business.  I went there last week to get my probe back.  He even tested it and confirmed it was still functional.  He's in poor health and would like to sell the business (Dynon was going to buy it and then backed out).  It's worth a try - call him because his wife does answer the phone.  It might work out - or keep checking ebay.