National Air and Space Museum Mooney Drawings (M18)

Kevin Harberg

For those wanting access to specific drawings of the Mooney M18 (Mite), National Air and Space Museum has them all available. Not likely a quick turnaround for delivery and costly to have them all reproduced ($1 per square ft - 1600 square ft total). Here's a link to NASM's list of available drawings complete with requisition form.

https://airandspace.si.edu/files/pdf/archives/mooney-reproductions.pdf

Full sets of blueprints for the M18 can still be found for purchase from time to time. Fred Quarles III sold copies of the original certified M18's drawings for experimental Mites (M18X). Fred arranged to have the drawings later preserved at the NASM.

Edited by Kevin Harberg
Typo - 16000 sq. ft. (Edited to read 1600 sq ft.)

• 1 month later...
On 11/5/2022 at 10:41 AM, Kevin Harberg said:

For those wanting access to specific drawings of the Mooney M18 (Mite), National Air and Space Museum has them all available. Not likely a quick turnaround for delivery and costly to have them all reproduced ($1 per square ft - 16000 square ft total). Here's a link to NASM's list of available drawings complete with requisition form.

https://airandspace.si.edu/files/pdf/archives/mooney-reproductions.pdf

Full sets of blueprints for the M18 can still be found for purchase from time to time. Fred Quarles III sold copies of the original certified M18's drawings for experimental Mites (M18X). Fred arranged to have the drawings later preserved at the NASM.

I think you meant 1600 ft2 of drawings?

@Aerodon Good catch. One to many zero's on my post indicaing 16000 sq ft (Should be 1600). There were some 324 drawings total including the optional drawings (gear doors, auxillary fuel, etc). These were similar in size to the rolled up blueprints you would see on construction sites. I must be more careful with future posts. Disinformation does more harm than good. I will edit the original post to correct my typo. Happy new year!