A&P engineer for pre buy SE FL

Wigwag

If you give us the tail number, you might get a better response, since there aren't that many Mooneys down here. It might save you the trouble of a pre-buy if the plane isn't even worth looking at. Or it might help you get a great one if others know it's a plane worth owning.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2022 at 1:21 PM, philiplane said:

If you give us the tail number, you might get a better response, since there aren't that many Mooneys down here. It might save you the trouble of a pre-buy if the plane isn't even worth looking at. Or it might help you get a great one if others know it's a plane worth owning.

Hello everyone

Sorry for the late respone. i have been away in Kazakstan and not the best place for internet.

Tail number is N6824V not sure if that will help anyone but all leads are helpful

Also can someone recommend a cost effective place to move the aircraft to ?

Thank you to you all in advance

you can't move it anywhere, it was de-registered over a year ago. Re-registering planes that have had registrations cancelled by the FAA is a giant headache. They get cancelled when the owners fail to return the registration renewal that the FAA sends out six months in advance. Usually because of an incorrect address where the letter gets returned to the FAA. I've got a friend caught up in that, and it's been nearly a year and it's still not fixed. On a plane he bought new in 2007.

Registration for the plane is about $5(?) and can be done over the internet….

The instructions come with the letter from the FAA…

Often, a service tries to preempt the letter, with their own unofficial letter that offers a service to update your registration… for a few dollars more…

Waiting until the registration gets cancelled…. Yikes what a headache…. Over time the tail number is at risk of being issued to another plane….

Are you flying in Kazakhstan?

Go Mooney!

Best regards,

-a-

Numerous examples of $3000 to $5000 fines when an aircraft is flown into another country with an expired registration; plus the plane is impounded longer than it takes to just get a new registration which isn’t always easy.
Forgetting to pay that small registration renewal fee can get really expensive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, carusoam said:

Registration for the plane is about $5(?) and can be done over the internet….

The instructions come with the letter from the FAA…

Often, a service tries to preempt the letter, with their own unofficial letter that offers a service to update your registration… for a few dollars more…

Waiting until the registration gets cancelled…. Yikes what a headache…. Over time the tail number is at risk of being issued to another plane….

Are you flying in Kazakhstan?

Go Mooney!

Best regards,

-a-

I will have to speak with the owner and see what can be done but its another piece of admin i didnt want. No , not working out in Kazakhstan just to see friends. I work in Europe and the mooney should be helpful with the range to explore more of the Middle East and Northern Europe.

Thanks for the input everyone

• Like 1

On 11/10/2022 at 12:34 AM, philiplane said:

I would not buy a plane that has been de-registered. Let the current owner fix that mess. 

Thank you for the advice and the ball has been put back into the owners court. He did tell me that after speaking to the FAA it would take at least 5 weeks.

Thanks again

it's taking the FAA six months, minimum, to process new applications to re-register airplanes.

If aircraft registration has expired and a renewal certificate has not been issued, received, and placed in the aircraft, then the aircraft is without authority to operate.

• Expired certificates cannot be extended. This is why the process starts six months before expiration, when prompt action will enable the timely delivery of new certificates, and leave a few extra weeks to recover from most inadvertent errors.
  • After the registration expiration date the Registry will send a notice to the owner to tell them when the N-number assignment is scheduled for cancellation. If the owner wishes to keep the N-number they must, before the cancelation takes place, send a request to the Registry asking that the aircraft's registration be cancelled and the N-number be reserved in the owner's name, accompanied by the $10.00 N-number reservation fee. If the N-number is canceled without being reserved, it will not be available for re-assignment or reservation for the next five years.
Edited by philiplane